Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northumberland County)

Default anyone been in Encks lately?

Anyone been in Encks lately? Last 2 times I was there, long gun variety was way, way down over what it used to be. Shelves had all kinds of space where they once had to make extra room. Hoping its not foreshadowing.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: anyone been in Encks lately?

Haven’t been in a couple weeks. Their stock doesn’t impress me. It’s a lot of bottom of the line budget guns. Which is fine, but when that’s all it really is with the rifles and shotguns I don’t get too excited. I do want to get in there and use the indoor range though. Anyone do that yet? How was it?

(Lebanon County)

Any gun shop stocks what sells in the area. Why order $3000 plus guns that just sit on the shelf? Milsurp has dried up, what's out there is crazy priced. I pop in once in a while, but miss the old barn.

(Chester County)

The stuff at the old barn location could keep you there for several hours. At most shops these days, not so much...
    - bamboomaster

(Berks County)

Well, they are very close for me but I dont go there. they hve an attitude it seems, not interested in my business. Guess I'm too young for them or not enough cowboy?
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Cumberland County)

Being a "cowboy" does not get you preferential treatment, trust me on that. I've been going there for a number of years now & gun inventory does seem lesser recently. You'll notice one side of the handgun counter now contains knives & other non-firearm items. A few months ago it was full of single-action's. As for long guns, it seems less as well however there's some beauties hanging above which nullifies any notion it's mostly budget. I did snag a great deal on a (barely used) Golden Boy last month. New/used guns item's come & go, one only needs to check their website listings regularly to see that. As for 'smithing, Ron left recently. He accommodated me on a few guns this past year with quick turnarounds (same day). My guess is he was aware I purchased them there, hence the fast service. Since he left a friend needed a simple job on a shotgun that took over 2 weeks, the same job that took an hour while I waited on mine. I drive over an hour to patronize them at least once a month & likely will continue to do so.

(Berks County)

I get you, I haven't been there in probably 2 years so I don't even know what it looks like anymore.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Lancaster County)

I was there three days ago but they don’t have many guns for sale at all. Still have some reloading supplies but it’s getting slim. But I guess it’s like any where else