Hey all, first post here so apologies for any formatting issues.

As the title suggests, I reported my pistol stolen the other night. My roommate and I are moving to a new house and in the process of packing the bag I use for work (armed security) must have gotten loaded into the car and left there overnight, as in the morning despite looking everywhere I couldn't find it anywhere. I keep my backup pistol in that bag, along with all of my EMS supplies.

Ordinarily I would never leave it in my car, it goes with me into work and comes back with me at night. But what are you going to do, I guess the stars aligned against me and the night it gets left in the car is the night I have a break in. It's what it is I guess.

So, despite my reservations, I called the police to report it stolen. To nobodies surprise, I now seem to be the suspect in a straw purchasing case. I have been informed that my LCTF will be revoked, which is a bummer because my employer requires it on top of my 235. So losing my job seems to be a near certainty, which I made clear to the detective.

My questions are as follows:
Under the circumstances do you think they might not revoke my LTCF? I'm also military and I have a very strong record of responsible ownership and handling

Will this impact my ability to pass a background check to buy firearms in the future?

I just graduated and have my sights set on federal LE work. Do you think this could come back to haunt me?

Any suggestions for my next steps? I've contacted a few law firms and the consensus seems to be to wait and see if it gets revoked, then appeal. Since the appeals process is apparently backed up until late 2020 I'm really not thrilled by that prospect.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read all of this, and stay safe out there.