Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen pistol

(Philadelphia County)

Default Stolen pistol

Hey all, first post here so apologies for any formatting issues.

As the title suggests, I reported my pistol stolen the other night. My roommate and I are moving to a new house and in the process of packing the bag I use for work (armed security) must have gotten loaded into the car and left there overnight, as in the morning despite looking everywhere I couldn't find it anywhere. I keep my backup pistol in that bag, along with all of my EMS supplies.

Ordinarily I would never leave it in my car, it goes with me into work and comes back with me at night. But what are you going to do, I guess the stars aligned against me and the night it gets left in the car is the night I have a break in. It's what it is I guess.

So, despite my reservations, I called the police to report it stolen. To nobodies surprise, I now seem to be the suspect in a straw purchasing case. I have been informed that my LCTF will be revoked, which is a bummer because my employer requires it on top of my 235. So losing my job seems to be a near certainty, which I made clear to the detective.

My questions are as follows:
    Under the circumstances do you think they might not revoke my LTCF? I'm also military and I have a very strong record of responsible ownership and handling

Will this impact my ability to pass a background check to buy firearms in the future?

I just graduated and have my sights set on federal LE work. Do you think this could come back to haunt me?

Any suggestions for my next steps? I've contacted a few law firms and the consensus seems to be to wait and see if it gets revoked, then appeal. Since the appeals process is apparently backed up until late 2020 I'm really not thrilled by that prospect.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read all of this, and stay safe out there.

(Clinton County)

Default Re: Stolen pistol

I love how Philthy is allowed to destroy someone's life simply for committing the crime of leaving property in your property. I mean, it MUST be your fault someone else decided to break into your property and steal your belongings! It's like blaming a woman for dressing a certain way saying if she hadn't dressed that way she wouldn't have been raped.

Un-fucking-real. Good luck to you, my sheriff would have never done this.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Carbon County)

when you moved you should have moved to another county
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I would lawyer up now to save your future career path and to retain your rights your rights.

You reported the lost firearm,and so far no revokeing of your LTCF ? Wait to hear what Philly proceeds with,at this point short of retaining counsel is a wait game with PPD up at bat !

(Erie County)

If you are required to have a face to face meeting with these a Asshats DO NOT take your LTCF with you. If and when they make a demand for tell them to contact your attorney.
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by chp1911 View Post
    If you are required to have a face to face meeting with these a Asshats DO NOT take your LTCF with you. If and when they make a demand for tell them to contact your attorney.
    This.

(Philadelphia County)

I must be missing something here; a LTCF is not required in order to purchase or own a handgun so what does it have to do with the poster's situation?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I must be missing something here; a LTCF is not required in order to purchase or own a handgun so what does it have to do with the poster's situation?
    His right to carry a firearm at all.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    You either didn’t read his whole post or you didn’t take it all in.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast