Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: I won my 302 expungement

You may not be able to sue the doctor who did the 302 but you can cause him/her some inconvenience and expense. Doctors are regulated by the State they practice in. They can take and investigate complaints from patients. Find the agency and determine what kinds of practices they can take complaints on. If *Failure to properly complete legal documents regarding a patient*s health which results in harm* is there, complain. Copies to his/her department head, hospital administrator, and the hospital*s legal counsel could increase the discomfort level. Or, just write the letter and send it (unsigned) to the doc. Attach a note saying that lives can be damaged by words on paper and to be careful in the future. If police were careless, find a public meeting where PSP brass will be present and sign up to comment on PSP performance. Calmly and rationally point out any unprofessional And embarrass the officers. The brass does not enjoy having the dirty linen displayed.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: I won my 302 expungement

Thanks for the reply. I'm not pursuing anything else. I am friends with the chief of police that took me to the hospital. I wish he would have told me to sign myself in. My lawyer didn't know what he was doing and lied to me several times about documents he was supposed to get. He said he would find me a psychiatrist to do the evaluation and the judge gave him 30 days to do it so I could go hunting deer last year. I ended up doing it myself. I got it done a week later than the judge had asked and it took another 6 months for his decision. The sticking point was finding a psychologist to administer the MMPI test. I drove to Erie 2 hours away and they said they would do the test over the phone for 200 bucks. After paying my money and seeing the doctor he said I was mislead and gave my money back.. I needed a psychologist for restoring gun rights. I wasted 5 hours of my day and gas money because my lawyer in dumb. I researched and saw the word forensics. Then I went about 5 days of trying to find one cheap and the cheapests was 650 bucks. My lawyer fees were 1779 and my doctor was 650. I want to be done. They took away 3 years of hunting and self defence from me and the work to get it reversed was stressful. Calling the hospital to get records will drive a man insane. I understand why some people just give up and let it slide and never get their rights back. I felt like 70% of a man after it happened and like I was a criminal. I was pissed for 3 years and quit drinking to help my case and my own health. These laws are wrong. I think the craziest man you can find deserves his right to life and defending it as long as they didn't use the guns they own for a crime.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345