Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Kings Shooters Supply King of Prussia

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinPhilly View Post
    Went there today to buy an AR pistol from another forum member but they wouldn't do the transfer and gave no reason other then sorry not interested.
    They should have told you why but I don't go for a transfer without calling ahead and getting a price. But that doesn't mean it would have been good to go if they what Jay said is the case and it didn't get discussed on the phone.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

I*m surprised if they did not tell you the reason. They are normally pretty good there. As Emptymag said, it probably had a brace which is spooking a lot of FFL*s right now.

Assuming it has a brace, this is why they turned you away. From the AFT*s question and answer page about braces. https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/fede...ensed-premises

*As a federal firearms licensee (FFL), a pistol with a stabilizing brace arrived at my licensed premises after January 31st when the final rule took effect. What options do I now have to comply with the final rule?

If at all possible, refuse delivery of the firearm or arrange return of the unopened delivery (via the delivering contract carrier), whereupon the original transferor must comply with the final rule.
    If the firearm was received and taken into inventory, the following options are provided:
    Turn the firearm into your local ATF office.
    Destroy the firearm. For more information, view the How to Properly Destroy Firearms information graphic.
    Last Reviewed March 23, 2023*

In their eyes it is up to the person who owns the gun to bring it into current AFT compliance before they will touch it. Not sure why they would not tell you this. We*re you there when the conversation took place or did the other person get there first and relay the conversation to you? Maybe the FFL thought you could possiblly be a couple of AFT agents testing them out?

FFL*s have a couple of choices when a braced SBR shows up in person now. Deny the transfer which is what the AFT wants and tell the person who has the brace to SBR it which will take a while to get done if they choose to do it. It*s worse if a braced pistol is somehow shipped to an FFL as the option then include turning the Pistol into the AFT or destroying it.

They can also tell the seller to remove the brace and sell the pistol without it. The implication being that you can sell the pistol and then gift the brace. That might shade an FFL out though. You never know when an AFT agent might be testing an FFL in today*s Biden world. An AFT agent might say that evading the rule and that the two are still in close enough proximity to be considered a braced pistol or some B.S like that. Next thing you know the FFL is fighting to keep their license.

This rule has become a major headache for FFL*s. So many thing they can do will either piss off customers or could put them in the crosshairs of the AFT

(Philadelphia County)

There was no brace on it and I get that it puts them at risk, but a reason would have been nice.

Question for the more those that have more knowledge, could just the lower be transferred?

What a f-ing joke. Now we have to strip the gun and sell the lower only,
    then give all the parts to the buyer under the shade of darkness?
    There in another way to go about this, but can't mention it here.
    FJB

There was no brace on it and I get that it puts them at risk, but a reason would have been nice.

Question for the more those that have more knowledge, could just the lower be transferred?
    That is surprising, without a brace, as long as the buffer tube is part of the operation you should have been good to go. A reason really would have been nice. I guess they have the right to refuse any transaction they are uncomfortable with but news like this does not reflect well on them. This news and that they now charge $75 for internet transfers as per this recent thread. https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ighlight=Kings

I*ve used them for face to face before because they had a good reputation and seemed reasonable compared to other place in a lot of respects. Stories like these definitely turn me off from them.

Btw* yes you SHOULD be able to transfer just a lower. But with the AFT being the way it is right now, who knows how spooked shops are by anything ar pistol related.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    That is surprising, without a brace, as long as the buffer tube is part of the operation you should have been good to go. A reason really would have been nice. I guess they have the right to refuse any transaction they are uncomfortable with but news like this does not reflect well on them. This news and that they now charge $75 for internet transfers as per this recent thread. https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ighlight=Kings

I*ve used them for face to face before because they had a good reputation and seemed reasonable compared to other place in a lot of respects. Stories like these definitely turn me off from them.

Btw* yes you SHOULD be able to transfer just a lower. But with the AFT being the way it is right now, who knows how spooked shops are by anything ar pistol related.
    That's why I ask, don't want to do anything I'm not supposed to be doing

(Philadelphia County)

Agreed,an attempt at a reason for not allowing the transaction would have been nice after you've come all that way to do business with them....the gun had no brace on it,so the ATF angle is moot.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12