Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Share your night vision set up!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I think most people would say I'm nice!

I'm doing alright for myself at my day job but the way I make things like night vision happen is prioritizing. For example my primary car is a Saturn Ion that I paid $500 for because it had issues running and I fixed it. I do all my own car work form changing oil to swapping engines and body work. My car insurance is inexpensive. I have no cable bill, just an antenna for free channels and a monthly bill for basic internet, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. I do all my own plumbing, wiring, concrete, landscaping, wood work, etc. on my house and only bring in a contractor for what I absolutely have to.

I spend so much time doing things myself to save money, that it's nearly impossible finding the time to enjoy the money I save! A fortunate problem to have, I know.

So yeah, if you saw me walking around walmart in my usual greasy torn up clothes your first thought wouldn't be, "I bet he has a sweet night vision set up." haha.

Oh yea, also no kids, never married. And I have an amazing and understanding girlfriend.
    I bet he has a sweet night vision setup. LOL seriously funny. Took me a year to read it
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

You guys have night vision?
    ΑΣΦ

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Think about this for a bit though. If you have a large property and you want to see if there's people approaching, it wouldn't be that difficult to string up lots of low power IR sources throughout the area. You could just sit back in your home and watch the show. Have it all aimed away from your place. It wouldn't even be difficult to design something that would turn on IR sources based upon movement using some nifty Microwave sensors that are cheap.

Now, let's say you have some sentry guns laying around. The MW sensor lets the sentry gun that there's movement afoot. The sentry gun swings to the preprogrammed coordinates of that sensor, IR lights up the area, sentry gun zooms in on target using a good quality camera.
    Roomba ductape llama
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

ΑΣΦ

(Lancaster County)

Night vision: cataract that makes all lights look like a Moravian Star.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234