Received an all-employee email for my location this morning...training is in November:

"These are challenging times in society. The threat of an active shooter in populated areas and in the workplace is on the minds of the public, law enforcement, businesses, and our employees. Unfortunately, active shooter situations are unpredictable and can evolve quickly. Have you thought about what you would do in an active shooter scenario? We have asked our security consultant, the Phillips Group, to assist us in answering that question. Specifically, they have developed a training program which provides guidance to all employees, so they can prepare to respond to an active shooter situation. Over the next several weeks and months, all employees will receive this training either live in person or via video. The first of the live training sessions will be on the following days & times:

This mandatory training program will take approximately 75-90 mins and all sessions will take place in *******. Ideally, we would like @ 35 employees in each session.

We are fully committed to the safety and security of our workplace, and all employees can help prevent and prepare for potential active shooter situations. Implementing a training program such as this will give ** employees the knowledge necessary to promote situational awareness and an idea of how to respond to an unthinkable event like an active shooter. Thank You in advance for your cooperation and attention to this matter."

Being active in our "PAFOA community" I ask:
- what questions are appropriate so as not to paint myself as the resident gun guy?
- how does one not snicker or groan when instructed to "lock yourself in a closet" when the natural response is "2 to the body - 1 to the head?
- all advice/experiences are appreciated.