Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Geiselle Gas Gun Series 2019 final event

The final event of this year is coming on November 9th at NHRPC. If you are interested in shooting this last match of 2019 and have either a DMR or RECCE rifle...come on down.

Once the final spots fill up, we will put you on the overflow list...Any questions...just ask.

https://practiscore.com/geissele-gas...match/register

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Geiselle Gas Gun Series 2019 final event

What's the shoot like? I've got a 16" 223 wylde AR with a 1-4x that puts up some nice groups at 100 but I've never tried to go further, and I'm totally green in the competitive shooting world. Any room for a novice or is this a hardcore thing?
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Handyandy View Post
    What's the shoot like? I've got a 16" 223 wylde AR with a 1-4x that puts up some nice groups at 100 but I've never tried to go further, and I'm totally green in the competitive shooting world. Any room for a novice or is this a hardcore thing?
    Its a lot of fun. There are squads which we break out into, usually 10-12 per. The stages are all held on the 600 yd range, with the closer stages being held first and then the longer ones to finish up. Its challenging but not uber competitive. Most who attend are very helpful with spotting and calling out shots, if you need it. Some are more accomplished than others, but we do have new folks coming out, yours included, to this event. I participated in the prior two which were held at NHRPC. I enjoy it and find it challenging, considering I have never done one of these before. Make sure you have a good dope sheet for your rifle and round. We don't want any projectiles leaving the range...

Novices are welcome...safety is paramount...we all want to go home at the end of a great day.

(Delaware County)

Did I mention the mover you get to shoot at 400 yds??? Chal-leng-ing

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Its a lot of fun. There are squads which we break out into, usually 10-12 per. The stages are all held on the 600 yd range, with the closer stages being held first and then the longer ones to finish up. Its challenging but not uber competitive. Most who attend are very helpful with spotting and calling out shots, if you need it. Some are more accomplished than others, but we do have new folks coming out, yours included, to this event. I participated in the prior two which were held at NHRPC. I enjoy it and find it challenging, considering I have never done one of these before. Make sure you have a good dope sheet for your rifle and round. We don't want any projectiles leaving the range...

Novices are welcome...safety is paramount...we all want to go home at the end of a great day.
    Oof. Don't think I'd know where to start at those ranges. Sounds like fun but also something I'd need to work up to, looking like a noob isn't my idea of a good time hah

(Bucks County)

Did I mention the mover you get to shoot at 400 yds??? Chal-leng-ing
    Fwiw I've only EVER shot 223/5. 56 factory loads at 55gr out of that gun. I can print caterpillars at 100 when the stars align just right, but I don't think I'm in the league for this just yet. Maybe next year!

(Delaware County)

Oof. Don't think I'd know where to start at those ranges. Sounds like fun but also something I'd need to work up to, looking like a noob isn't my idea of a good time hah
    I shot both of the events using a 55gr round. Its light, but I finished in the middle of the pack. I was pleased with how I did. A little time behind the rifle, get my dope sheet set up...good to go out to 700. Its easier than you think. Helps if you have an after market trigger with a light pull. The 550yd shots and beyond take a little more finesse, especially if there is wind, which there was on the last event.

(Bucks County)

I shot both of the events using a 55gr round. Its light, but I finished in the middle of the pack. I was pleased with how I did. A little time behind the rifle, get my dope sheet set up...good to go out to 700. Its easier than you think. Helps if you have an after market trigger with a light pull. The 550yd shots and beyond take a little more finesse, especially if there is wind, which there was on the last event.
    I've got a vortex pst 1-4 with the tmcq MOA reticle, a criterion 16" 223 wylde mid length hybrid contour barrel, and a larue mbt2s trigger. I'm sure the gun is up for it, I'm just not sure myself or my eyeballs are.

(Lancaster County)

Whole lot of gear restrictions too
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Delaware County)

I've got a vortex pst 1-4 with the tmcq MOA reticle, a criterion 16" 223 wylde mid length hybrid contour barrel, and a larue mbt2s trigger. I'm sure the gun is up for it, I'm just not sure myself or my eyeballs are.
    Your set up is perfect...all you need is some time behind the rifle at some distance and you will be surprised how well these rifles perform. My eyes aren't what they used to be, but my scope more than makes up for it...I still have a good finger and the trigger does the rest. If you want...meet me at NHRPC, and we will get you on target in no time. We can figure out your dope for the ammo brand you have and tweek it. My first event I was out the day before still zeroing my rifle to the round I was using...by 5:30 that Friday afternoon, I was hitting steel all the way out to 700 yds. Granted the targets were a full Ipsec sized. At the event, my hits weren't all that tight...mainly because I needed to adjust my mils at the further distances to a smaller target. Regardless, I had a good time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast