Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Any reason NOT to SBR my Stribog SP9A1?

I've got a Stribog SP9A1 that I absolutely love and I'm considering SBRing. I was dead set on doing that when I first got it but the SBA3 was surprisingly comfortable so I haven't. The benefit of it being a pistol is that I can take it across state lines (going to see my friend who lives in West Virginia often), have it loaded in the vehicle with me, etc but were it an SBR, it would be more comfortable to shoot but that's all. I have the form 1 kit from the BATFE on my end table but it's a lot of work for what doesn't seem like a huge improvement. What do you think?

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Any reason NOT to SBR my Stribog SP9A1?

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    I've got a Stribog SP9A1 that I absolutely love and I'm considering SBRing. I was dead set on doing that when I first got it but the SBA3 was surprisingly comfortable so I haven't. The benefit of it being a pistol is that I can take it across state lines (going to see my friend who lives in West Virginia often), have it loaded in the vehicle with me, etc but were it an SBR, it would be more comfortable to shoot but that's all. I have the form 1 kit from the BATFE on my end table but it's a lot of work for what doesn't seem like a huge improvement. What do you think?

If you go the nfa route, you have to get govt permission to travel between states with it. If the goal is to have it as a truck gun, I would leave it a pistol personally.

(Wyoming County)

She looks like a keeper!

I have a Scorpion in pistol form, and can't justify it as an SBR for the same reasons that you listed, fortunately for me I have a Sig MPX that I bought as a factory SBR so I have the best of both worlds.

Keep it as a pistol I say.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Allegheny County)

Everybody knows MY stance on begging the g0v for permission and having paper trails, but going beyond that - even if I wasn't anti-SBR... what's the point? "SBA3 - mission accomplished."

I just got an SBA3 for a pistol and while I've yet to shoot it, it shoulders REAL nice - to the point it may even be more comfy than my carbine stocks. (Magpul MOE and MFT Minimalist)
    I have a pistol with a Shockwave Blade and it does the job, but it's absolutely not as comfy as the SBA3.

Maybe one day the president will say that he doesn't like braces and ban them too, but until then...
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

You can take an NFA item across state borders. You just have to inform ATF using their form. And you can also have an SBR loaded in a vehicle, since it's a firearm.

For me, I like SBR's that are 'clones' of the real deal, so I would only do it if I could get a Stribog stock. They were available a few months ago, but OOS now. I toyed with getting one (and a stock), but decided on a Zenith 5RS. I kind of regret it, as I'm having issues with that.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Maybe one day the president will say that he doesn't like braces and ban them too, but until then...
    Precisely why I’m ditching the SBA3 on my Scorpion. Currently waiting on my form one. If braces go the way of bumpstocks, there’s going to be an insane influx of form 1s, and I’d rather be ahead of that wave.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    You can take an NFA item across state borders. You just have to inform ATF using their form. And you can also have an SBR loaded in a vehicle, since it's a firearm.

For me, I like SBR's that are 'clones' of the real deal, so I would only do it if I could get a Stribog stock. They were available a few months ago, but OOS now. I toyed with getting one (and a stock), but decided on a Zenith 5RS. I kind of regret it, as I'm having issues with that.
    What's your Z5 doing? My Feb 2018 production model runs flawlessly.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    I'd SBR it, because I SBR everything and I wish I had one of those to SBR.
    LOL.

Quick and easy to form one
    Once you shoot it with a stock, you will forget about the $200 bucks and whatever it cost to get it engraved. It's worth it.
    Is it required that you get it engraved as well? I was never really able to get an answer on that in my NFA research. I thought you only needed to engrave it if you intended to sell it. I already have labeled this a keeper for life along with my Beretta 92 pistols (92FS, 92A1, and M9A1).

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Everybody knows MY stance on begging the g0v for permission and having paper trails, but going beyond that - even if I wasn't anti-SBR... what's the point? "SBA3 - mission accomplished."

I just got an SBA3 for a pistol and while I've yet to shoot it, it shoulders REAL nice - to the point it may even be more comfy than my carbine stocks. (Magpul MOE and MFT Minimalist)
    I have a pistol with a Shockwave Blade and it does the job, but it's absolutely not as comfy as the SBA3.

I actually had one of my friends shoulder the Stribog with the SBA3 and my Rainier Arms AR-15 with a Hogue stock and she likes the SBA3 better. Probably the shape of the cheek rest. I prefer the Hogue stock but not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post

I prefer the AR stocks. I don't care for folding stocks in general. Regarding the Zenith, I hate paddle magazine releases and guns that don't have last round bolt hold open (MP5 clones, AKs to name a few) so yeah, I can see why you'd regret that decision. Sorry to hear it's not working out though. I've had my share of firearms that turned out to be huge disappointments for various reasons; Ruger PCC most recently.
    Last edited by Misery Loves Shotguns; September 22nd, 2019 at 08:33 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by AHelm3 View Post
    Precisely why I’m ditching the SBA3 on my Scorpion. Currently waiting on my form one. If braces go the way of bumpstocks, there’s going to be an insane influx of form 1s, and I’d rather be ahead of that wave.
    50 years ago when braces became the poor man's obvious means of achieving what those with more money could do, the "haves" seemed perturbed by the fact that they were paying $200 plus parts (and knee pads for groveling), while the "have-nots" were clicking "BUY" and slapping on braces within a few days of deciding to do it.
    The haves were shouting "YEAH, but what happens if they BAN those things???!!!"

My reply? "Then they ban them."

So far, so good, and if they do get banned, not a whole lot changes.

To each his own. I'll stick to the braces.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast