Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Any reason NOT to SBR my Stribog SP9A1?

They are hard to sell when SBR'd.

(Berks County)

Can't they be easily un-SBR'd?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Can't they be easily un-SBR'd?
    Yes but you still have the engraving on it. I had one removed from the registry.
    If its a non collectible it'll be easier to sell than a collectible. Who wants someones name
    engraved on a nice collectible gun, value wouldn't hold anyway. Mine is a olympic arms,
    non collectible.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    What's your Z5 doing? My Feb 2018 production model runs flawlessly.
    Failures to feed/jamming with 147 gr, both suppressed and unsuppressed. Sent it back to Zenith and they tightened rivets and replaced ejector/extractor. Also tightened the mag well. Now I have to really slam the mags in and even pull them out after releasing. And still having 147 gr. failures. Rounds sideways in the chamber area, sometimes hanging in the mag, sometimes not. Plan to send it back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    Is it required that you get it engraved as well? I was never really able to get an answer on that in my NFA research. I thought you only needed to engrave it if you intended to sell it. I already have labeled this a keeper for life along with my Beretta 92 pistols (92FS, 92A1, and M9A1).
    Yes, as stated. And you can sell it later. Some advice was given on removing it from the registry. You can also transfer it as an SBR on a Form 4, but a lot of people don't like that someone else's name is engraved on it.

(Bucks County)

I just SBR'd my Kel-tec CMR-30..... And while I have no idea how long a hard copy form 1 will take.... My form 4 suppressor
    Is coming up on 11 months in ATF jail! I am told that most efiled form 1's are approved in under 30 days.... It is a crappy government web sight..... But I suck at computers.... And I got it done in an hour or so..... Just make sure to shut off your pop up blockers!

Good luck!
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Washington County)

As far as the issue with regularly crossing state lines, you can submit the form for transport and fill out the form to say that it is for reoccurring/multiple trips to the same place for the next 365 days for recreational shooting. I know people doing this without issue. Every year they send another form in and they can take their SBR across the state line to their destination for another year.

The recent developments in quality pistol braces and the acceptance of shouldering them has pushed me towards pistol braces over SBRs on guns they make sense on, ie. AR builds. Obviously I did a Form 1 for my recent Thompson build. But I think I'm going to move away from pistol braces after seeing the down fall of the bump stock. Granted, a lot of stuff can be ATF rule changed into the dumpster but the pistol brace sure feels like low hanging fruit.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

I agree with Emptymag...."What's the point"? But, the cool thing is, it is entirely up to you. I have done things that others think are crazy. Either way, it's a nice rig.

(Bucks County)

I been thinking of picking up a Stibog.... (If I can find one in stock.... Everyone seems to be backordered!) With either the SB Tactical MP-5 looking brace, or more likely the M1913 side folder. I did just see a pic. Of the Stibog with a magpull zhukov stock.... It looks really natural to me! It looks pretty sweet.... It may be worth doing the $200 dance....

Last edited by 1096369fred; April 28th, 2020 at 10:55 PM.
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1096369fred View Post
    I been thinking of picking up a Stibog.... (If I can find one in stock.... Everyone seems to be backordered!) With either the SB Tactical MP-5 looking brace, or more likely the M1913 side folder. I did just see a pic. Of the Stibog with a magpull zhukov stock.... It looks really natural to me! It looks pretty sweet.... It may be worth doing the $200 dance....

My .02. The reason you buy a pistol caliber carbine in pistol form is to convert it to a pistol caliber carbine/SBR. Though still only SA. And I understand why some don't want to do the SBR thing and respect that. They are cheap to shoot, easy on recoil for young/small/new shooters, and easy to suppress and still cycle 99.9% reliably (maybe better, but I almost never say 100%).

(Berks County)

Gen 2 with non-reciprocating handle in stock. $659 & free shipping: https://dkfirearms.com/product/grand-power-stribog-9mm/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast