Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Walmart question

Everyone knows Walmart made that stupid announcement.

However, I'd like clarity if anyone knows more than I do.

I've read statements that read that Walmart "banned' open carry. I've read news stories that show that Walmart 'respectfully asks customers not to open carry'. I've also seen statements attributed to Walmart saying, "We leave discretion to each manager".

Asking someone not to OC is different from outright banning it. And leaving it up to manager's discretion makes the whole policy seem completely unclear.

How should we interpret this?
    Last edited by American1776; September 4th, 2019 at 01:15 PM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Walmart question

Do it until told not to.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

I went to Walmart in Mt Pocono today went to sporting goods to check out ammo all the while O/Cing ! No one not associates or managers approached me I will say the associate at sporting goods was well aware of Walmarts notice statement the other day. Plenty of ammo and some deals I missed like Savage 93-17 HMR bolt action that went for $ 99 ! I take it it will be at Managers discretion and if some yahoo from N J or N Y makes a stink they still may not say anything. Just my experience today !

Honestly the only clarity I needed was when they came out and said that they are now lobbying for restrictions on the 2nd..... so it does not matter to me. I will be going into Walmart as often as I go to Dicks.

From the other thread.

In addition, McMillon said that he would send letters to the White House and congressional leaders that "call for action" on "common sense" gun safety measures. McMillon said Congress should debate re-authorizing the assault weapons ban and expand background checks.
    "We encourage our nation's leaders to move forward and strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger," he said. "Congress and the administration should act. Given our decades of experience selling firearms, we are also offering to serve as a resource in the national debate on responsible gun sales."

(Berks County)

I had to step into the Hamburg one to pick up some frozen shrimp for gumbo later this week (American caught, which is always a plus), and no one in staff or management said anything or even seemed to notice, so could be it hasn't filtered down yet. Or it's true that it's up to the discretion of local management.

Either way, while there I was approached by an older lady who thanked me for being armed. She normally carries, but injured her back somehow and can't comfortably carry until it heals. So, wasn't expecting anything and came out with a positive encounter.

But, I may reconsider shopping there at all given what Internet Troll just posted. I'd heard about the open carry knee-jerk reaction, but didn't read more into them wanting to take an active role in our disarmament. That's troubling, to put it mildly. Thanks for letting me know. May have to write Corporate about that, and I'd encourage anyone else who regularly shops there to do so. My wife and I shop at that particular location weekly, and spend anywhere from $50 to $150 a week there on everything from groceries to household items to clothing to entertainment. But, all of those can be procured from neighboring stores (Aldi's, Lowe's, Cabela's, Weis, Giant) within a few minutes of there or our house. So, wouldn't be too hard to make a switch over.

It'd cost more, but what's that compared to funding people actively trying to disarm us?

(Carbon County)

the letter said no open carry

concealed carry is still ok

they will sell ammo until current inventory is gone
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    I had to step into the Hamburg one to pick up some frozen shrimp for gumbo later this week (American caught, which is always a plus), and no one in staff or management said anything or even seemed to notice, so could be it hasn't filtered down yet. Or it's true that it's up to the discretion of local management.

Either way, while there I was approached by an older lady who thanked me for being armed. She normally carries, but injured her back somehow and can't comfortably carry until it heals. So, wasn't expecting anything and came out with a positive encounter.

But, I may reconsider shopping there at all given what Internet Troll just posted. I'd heard about the open carry knee-jerk reaction, but didn't read more into them wanting to take an active role in our disarmament. That's troubling, to put it mildly. Thanks for letting me know. May have to write Corporate about that, and I'd encourage anyone else who regularly shops there to do so. My wife and I shop at that particular location weekly, and spend anywhere from $50 to $150 a week there on everything from groceries to household items to clothing to entertainment. But, all of those can be procured from neighboring stores (Aldi's, Lowe's, Cabela's, Weis, Giant) within a few minutes of there or our house. So, wouldn't be too hard to make a switch over.

It'd cost more, but what's that compared to funding people actively trying to disarm us?
    Should have suggested an ankle or garter holster for her.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post

the letter said no open carry

concealed carry is still ok

they will sell ammo until current inventory is gone
    True, it's okay at the moment. I'm worried about the next step, though. Right now it's open carry they don't want, and that's the low-hanging fruit. Not many people do it. I think Wal-Mart's just feeling people out, testing the waters, and trying to avoid the expenditure of having to get signs for all their stores in various states if they outright ban any kind of weapon carry. But, I could see them doing it if they think it'll help their image or bottom line. Corporate entities by their very nature don't care about individual rights. They care about benefiting the shareholders and little else. And that can work to our advantage as well, if our side plays the capitalism game correctly.

It'll be interesting to see how this all shakes out in the end.

(Bucks County)

I have a Walmart question. Since they've decided to start the whole virtue signaling horseshit, does this mean that they're going to be blowing out all of their evil Black Rifle and horrible handgun ammo on clearance? Or they going to really knuckle down and have it destroyed?
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Montgomery County)

I'd bet they're asking, but won't actually approach someone to ask them to leave.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast