Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back up Gun

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Back up Gun

My back up gun is a knife. I'm no Doug Marcaida, but it will keel.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Bucks County)

I can see them passing a law outlawing a second gun being carried, when the Dims s l o w l y realize a second gun can foil their magazine capacity laws.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I can see them passing a law outlawing a second gun being carried, when the Dims s l o w l y realize a second gun can foil their magazine capacity laws.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    My back up gun is a knife. I'm no Doug Marcaida, but it will keel.
    In Ohio it's illegal to carry a concealed knife with a blade length worth carrying. Is that also the law in PA +3 1/2" blade??? It's certainly an up close and personal option.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stMarDiv. View Post
    In Ohio it's illegal to carry a concealed knife with a blade length worth carrying. Is that also the law in PA +3 1/2" blade??? It's certainly an up close and personal option.
    The short answer is NO. But read for yourself. For your reading pleasure. I have seen people carrying swords, Dumb, but legal. To each his own.

§ 908. Prohibited offensive weapons.
    (a) Offense defined.--A person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree if, except as authorized by law, he makes repairs, sells, or otherwise deals in, uses, or possesses any offensive weapon.
    (b) Exceptions.--
    (1) It is a defense under this section for the defendant to prove by a preponderance of evidence that he possessed or dealt with the weapon solely as a curio or in a dramatic performance, or that, with the exception of a bomb, grenade or incendiary device, he complied with the National Firearms Act (26 U.S.C. § 5801 et seq.), or that he possessed it briefly in consequence of having found it or taken it from an aggressor, or under circumstances similarly negativing any intent or likelihood that the weapon would be used unlawfully.
    (2) This section does not apply to police forensic firearms experts or police forensic firearms laboratories. Also exempt from this section are forensic firearms experts or forensic firearms laboratories operating in the ordinary course of business and engaged in lawful operation who notify in writing, on an annual basis, the chief or head of any police force or police department of a city, and, elsewhere, the sheriff of a county in which they are located, of the possession, type and use of offensive weapons.
    (3) This section shall not apply to any person who makes, repairs, sells or otherwise deals in, uses or possesses any firearm for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.
    (c) Definitions.--As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:
    "Firearm." Any weapon which is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any such weapon.
    "Offensive weapons." Any bomb, grenade, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun with a barrel less than 18 inches, firearm specially made or specially adapted for concealment or silent discharge, any blackjack, sandbag, metal knuckles, dagger, knife, razor or cutting instrument, the blade of which is exposed in an automatic way by switch, push-button, spring mechanism, or otherwise, any stun gun, stun baton, taser or other electronic or electric weapon or other implement for the infliction of serious bodily injury which serves no common lawful purpose.
    (d) Exemptions.--The use and possession of blackjacks by the following persons in the course of their duties are exempt from this section:
    (1) Police officers, as defined by and who meet the requirements of the act of June 18, 1974 (P.L.359, No.120), referred to as the Municipal Police Education and Training Law.
    (2) Police officers of first class cities who have successfully completed training which is substantially equivalent to the program under the Municipal Police Education and Training Law.
    (3) Pennsylvania State Police officers.
    (4) Sheriffs and deputy sheriffs of the various counties who have satisfactorily met the requirements of the Municipal Police Education and Training Law.
    (5) Police officers employed by the Commonwealth who have satisfactorily met the requirements of the Municipal Police Education and Training Law.
    (6) Deputy sheriffs with adequate training as determined by the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency.
    (7) Liquor Control Board agents who have satisfactorily met the requirements of the Municipal Police Education and Training Law.
    (Dec. 20, 1983, P.L.291, No.78, eff. imd.; July 6, 1984, P.L.647, No.134, eff. 90 days; July 11, 1985, P.L.235, No.58, eff. 60 days; Oct. 4, 1994, P.L.571, No.84, eff. 60 days; Nov. 6, 2002, P.L.1096, No.132, eff. 60 days)
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Montgomery County)

Carrying an extra magazine foils the law as well. Only takes a second or 2 to change mags.

(Berks County)

I was told by the uncle of a cop that works at a gun store that back up guns had to have an audible alert on them when they back up.

Pew pew pew
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    I was told by the uncle of a cop that works at a gun store that back up guns had to have an audible alert on them when they back up.

Pew pew pew
    Honestly if he is going to carry a BUG, I just hope it isn’t a spotted lantern fly.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Delaware County)

So can carrying reload(s). My 1911 is carried 8+1 with 2x8 spares = 25 rounds of 230g Golden Saber. Ooga booga, Cuomo...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS20 View Post
    My mother once asked me if I owned a gun, i said no. My wife was there staring at me quizzically. My mother asked again again and i emphatically answered, "I do not own a gun!" At that time I owned four! Hey, I didnt lie to my mother.

There's a Reddit forum called Malicious Compliance where people conform to the letter but not necessarily the spirit of a request. Makes for some fun reading.
    Now why'd you have to tell me about this time waster?

This is a great one for emptymag:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MaliciousCo...ewait_no_dont/
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast