Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Open Carry Freedom Festival in Pike County October 12-13

Howdy, folks.

I've been asked by the management team at ROIFF to solicit feedback from you on where we dropped the ball, what we could have done better, what you liked that we can include for next year and what else you may like to see for the next event.

Yes, we did have some early communication challenges and as one of you noted, those were resolved regarding OC. The issue was having loaded long guns with exposed triggers bouncing around and sweeping the crowd, not so much an issue with handguns. But we didn't get that across quite clearly. We'll do better next time.

Please do feel free to share your thoughts. We're looking to do this again next year and your feedback will help us improve. Hopefully we can rely on your support to spread the word for an even better event next year!

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by ROIFF; October 16th, 2019 at 10:40 AM.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Open Carry Freedom Festival in Pike County October 12-13

Quote Originally Posted by ROIFF View Post
    Howdy, folks.

I've been asked by the management team at ROIFF to solicit feedback from you on where we dropped the ball, what we could have done better, what you liked that we can include for next year and what else you may like to see for the next event.

Yes, we did have some early communication challenges and as one of you noted, those were resolved regarding OC. The issue was having loaded long guns with exposed triggers bouncing around and sweeping the crowd, not so much an issue with handguns. But we didn't get that across quite clearly. We'll do better next time.

Please do feel free to share your thoughts. We're looking to do this again next year and your feedback will help us improve. Hopefully we can rely on your support to spread the word for an even better event next year!

Thanks in advance!
    I can't really think of anything major to be honest. We had a great time and tons of foot traffic by our booth. The only stuff that I noticed were just minor first time hiccups and are easily forgotten by me. I know the open carry of loaded long guns put some folks off. But I also understand the reason behind it. Maybe make it a month earlier. October weather can be really iffy, I think we lucked out with the great weather we had. More widespread promotion other than social media and small road signs. Given the number of NY residents I spoke with consider advertising in one of the Orange, Sullivan County papers.

Already looking forward to next year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123