Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: 5D Tactical The Router Jig PRO at Gun Shows?

Hey Guys,
    This is my first post to this forum but really appreciate all of the great knowledge and info I*ve read for you all. (Thank You All for that!)
    I bought a few 5D 80% lowers a couple months ago and think it might be a good time to finish them the other 20%.
    I obviously missed the chance to buy the discounted jig so if any of you folks know how I could buy (or even rent) a used set of 5D router jig*s I would greatly appreciate it!
    Thanks again for any response, I*ve got a 300 aac and a future 6.5 Grendel to finish up.
    Thanks All!
    Joe

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Other less expensive option that is at least on an equal playing field quality and use wise.

https://www.80percentarms.com/produc...lower-jig.html
    I have their Gen 1 jig, used once. I just ordered 2 more mills just to make sure the 5 or 6 lowers I have get done cleanly. If I didn't already have the Gen 1 I'd look harder at the Gen 3, but I'm fairly happy with what I have.

I used 80 percent's Gen 1 Jig on 2 lowers. They came out great. That jig is significantly less expensive.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

I recently came across a 3d print file for an 80% jig. I don't remember where I got it but I can upload it somewhere if you have a 3d printer.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks again for the replies, insight, & great advice All!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by tLT7TC2e View Post
    Borrowing someone eases tools from what I have gathered may be a legal grey area. I believe you are supposed to finish the lower with tools you own. You might want to double check that before you borrow a jig.

Not a lot cheaper. I've seen the 5D go on sale around that price. Gun show cash transaction availability would trump that level of price difference.
    Just for reference 80% arms is owned by 5d tactical who is also owed in conjunction with modulus arms (all three have "similar" Jigs) that all fall under the umbrella of the company called black market arms. In other words it's all the same company due to lawsuits for patent infringement. They have been playing the shell game for a while pretending to compete but you will notice they are all around the same price and now you will notice that the new 5D as well as the gen 3 80% arms version have components in common (as does modulus arms). Also the latest change on the 5D (supposedly because it freed up machines but lets be real it's about saving a buck) is the router plate is now a polymer vs aluminum. I understand the strength of polymer I also know that aluminum has no play or flex at all. I prefer aluminum in this case especially considering the metal shavings will dig into it eventually and cause issues with proper level.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12