Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Road Rage defense

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    OP did say "but that's my worst nightmare of some nut with a gun".

I think his question is what response should he use if a guy with a gun approaches his car.
    He was pretty specific, that if he sees "anybody get out of their car, my glock 19 is ready to go".
    And that he is "not taking any chances. If they take 3 steps towards me, I'm out of my car and drawing on them".
    That's a lot different than asking if it's ok to draw on someone threatening with a weapon, or someone being violent without a weapon.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

PickingPA Guest

What if you have a Glock 17? Would the crazy guy approaching your car be permitted 4 steps?

A Glock 43......2 steps?

Or is the model of Glock not directly proportionate to the number of steps you would allow?

Always leave room between you and the cars in front and rear. Never exit vehicle.
    I carry several work related weapons in my vehicles besides my firearm.
    Stay away from idiots.

Some people pay a lot of money for their guns and damn it ... they wanna use them

(Bucks County)

Stay in the car, advise the other occupants to stick their fingers in their ears, open their mouths real wide (trust me, vertigo SUCKS), blast the asshole through the window. Or, better yet, drive around him, and if you just slightly touch his open door with your bumper, there’s a wonderful opportunity to fold it forward against his fender. That will make him look silly driving the rest of the way to where he is headed!

Yesterday, on the Long Island Expressway, at 5 -25 mph, some jackass in a painter truck cut me off. I learned my lesson a few weeks ago. I let it go. No big deal.
    An hour later, I’m getting out of the truck at the Home Depot in Central Islip. I spy with my little eye the same truck. Driver gets out and we both enter the store. I cannot get away from this jerk. He winds up in line in front of me. Tries to pay with a check. No good, for some reason the clerk looks at a paper on a clipboard, and says she can’t accept a check. He tries a credit card. Declined. I’m smiling inside. He pulls out a wad of cash and pays her. Stomps out of the store.
    I step up to pay. Oh look, the asshole left his license laying on the counter. Hmmmm, what shall I do?

I am a good man, I gave it to the first government representative I encountered.
    Garbage men are gov reps, right?
    Ok, so I didn’t actually hand it to the garbage man, but I did put it in his inbox, well, in-can! They sort that stuff and will send it to him, right? Oh well, I did my part to get it back to the fat, loudmouth, piss-poor excuse for human being that cut me off in traffic.
    I hate New York, the people that populate it.

manx: you were too kind.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Stay in the car, advise the other occupants to stick their fingers in their ears, open their mouths real wide (trust me, vertigo SUCKS), blast the asshole through the window. Or, better yet, drive around him, and if you just slightly touch his open door with your bumper, there’s a wonderful opportunity to fold it forward against his fender. That will make him look silly driving the rest of the way to where he is headed!

Yesterday, on the Long Island Expressway, at 5 -25 mph, some jackass in a painter truck cut me off. I learned my lesson a few weeks ago. I let it go. No big deal.
    An hour later, I’m getting out of the truck at the Home Depot in Central Islip. I spy with my little eye the same truck. Driver gets out and we both enter the store. I cannot get away from this jerk. He winds up in line in front of me. Tries to pay with a check. No good, for some reason the clerk looks at a paper on a clipboard, and says she can’t accept a check. He tries a credit card. Declined. I’m smiling inside. He pulls out a wad of cash and pays her. Stomps out of the store.
    I step up to pay. Oh look, the asshole left his license laying on the counter. Hmmmm, what shall I do?

I am a good man, I gave it to the first government representative I encountered.
    Garbage men are gov reps, right?
    Ok, so I didn’t actually hand it to the garbage man, but I did put it in his inbox, well, in-can! They sort that stuff and will send it to him, right? Oh well, I did my part to get it back to the fat, loudmouth, piss-poor excuse for human being that cut me off in traffic.
    I hate New York, the people that populate it.

I'm definitely with you on the Noo Yawk thing.

(Bucks County)

Seems to me that the OP is the nut with a gun that we should be afraid of. Why in the hell would a sane person jump out of their car and point a gun at someone approaching them?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    Seems to me that the OP is the nut with a gun that we should be afraid of. Why in the hell would a sane person jump out of their car and point a gun at someone approaching them?
    Exactly.

11 out of 10 this thread didnt go the way he hoped it would.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Makes me wonder if maybe its a liberal troll, trying to goad us into saying "we would smoke that jackwagon" or something similar.
    To try and parade it around as proof of crazy gunowners or to possibly use as evidence under forthcoming ERPO/red flag laws..
    Look at his post history. He hasn't even owned a gun for more than a few months.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast