Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: reporter gun buy fail

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Watch for the follow up story:
    I tried to buy ammo at Walmart many times, but the inability to find "the guy with the key" left me empty-handed.
    This reminds me of a time many years ago at Walmart trying to buy “The big easy” grill and the guy with the key was on break. “Not my problem” is what I told the guy that was telling me I couldn’t do what I was doing, as I was taking the legs off the grill to get the chain out. “I’m here to buy this grill, either you want to sell it or you don’t” and I continued taking it apart, paid for it an walked out with it. I don’t recommend trying that in the guns and ammo department though.

I was able to by a hammer and a baseball bat without any background check at all. They are the most widely used instruments of violence in the nation. Oh the humanity!

(Clearfield County)

Yet further proof of the superiority of Rural King, they always have someone in the gun department.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Watch for the follow up story:
    I tried to buy ammo at Walmart many times, but the inability to find "the guy with the key" left me empty-handed.
    My experience as well. Their prices are great, if you ever get to take advantage of the deals.

Quote Originally Posted by JRswack View Post
    This reminds me of a time many years ago at Walmart trying to buy “The big easy” grill and the guy with the key was on break. “Not my problem” is what I told the guy that was telling me I couldn’t do what I was doing, as I was taking the legs off the grill to get the chain out. “I’m here to buy this grill, either you want to sell it or you don’t” and I continued taking it apart, paid for it an walked out with it. I don’t recommend trying that in the guns and ammo department though.
    During the last major ammo panic I was standing in walmart ...... not involved in the conversation but over heard the guy at the ammo counter tell a customer that he hasn't seen 22lr ammo in there for months............................................ .......
    I wasn't interested in 22 ammo and did not think much of it ............ as I walked by the square shaped counter at the time I noticed boxes with the ORM-D symbol on the floor ...................
    Top box was open ...... it was all 22LR ammo ................ no one behind the counter at that time , I reach over "I'm tall" and snatch 2 bricks ......................
    Take it up front to the shelf check out knowing I'll be flagged but ready for a discussion on the matter.....
    I get flagged and a lady comes over to verify I of age .......and she can't believe my luck , says she works there and has yet to be able to find 22 ammo ............. I tell her how I came about it and she better get her rearend back there ..............................
    The following month when I went in ......... I went back and peeked on the floor ...... and BINGO ,more 22lr ...... snatched up more ......
    I bet it took awhile before that sucker realized where his ammo was going .............. as the next month he tried hiding it all in a cupboard behind the counter ...... but left the door open ................ all the while claiming he never saw 22 ammo .............. I suppose he was holding it for friends .... I dunno
    Cupboards were always locked after that 3rd time....................

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    During the last major ammo panic I was standing in walmart ...... not involved in the conversation but over heard the guy at the ammo counter tell a customer that he hasn't seen 22lr ammo in there for months............................................ .......
    I wasn't interested in 22 ammo and did not think much of it ............ as I walked by the square shaped counter at the time I noticed boxes with the ORM-D symbol on the floor ...................
    Top box was open ...... it was all 22LR ammo ................ no one behind the counter at that time , I reach over "I'm tall" and snatch 2 bricks ......................
    Take it up front to the shelf check out knowing I'll be flagged but ready for a discussion on the matter.....
    I get flagged and a lady comes over to verify I of age .......and she can't believe my luck , says she works there and has yet to be able to find 22 ammo ............. I tell her how I came about it and she better get her rearend back there ..............................
    The following month when I went in ......... I went back and peeked on the floor ...... and BINGO ,more 22lr ...... snatched up more ......
    I bet it took awhile before that sucker realized where his ammo was going .............. as the next month he tried hiding it all in a cupboard behind the counter ...... but left the door open ................ all the while claiming he never saw 22 ammo .............. I suppose he was holding it for friends .... I dunno
    Cupboards were always locked after that 3rd time....................
    What a dick. Probably was getting a kickback from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    What a dick. Probably was getting a kickback from someone.
    The guy who I think was doing it ....... I have not seen since shortly after the panic ended.
    I was told walmart frowns on that type of practice and there is a name for it ..... that I can't recall.
    He was a big tall sonofbitch .... taller than me ..... hard to miss
    But when he told that poor gun they hadn't seen 22 in months with 2 cases behind the counter ...... I thought you little bastards
    But it is what it is and you never want to be johnny come late
    I have hoarded 22 way before any panics just cause I didnt feel like running out every time I wanted to shoot

.. and this reporter looks very familiar ...... almost positive I have seen her before
    Not locally but on the t.v or computer , etc.......she very much rigs a bell

. and I see she tried this in VA...... when I was in VA , early 90's ........ you needed some kind of permit to be able to BUY a firearm ...... and gun shops wouldn't even talk to you about guns if you did not have that permit.
    I don't know how it is today

She looks like a bitter leftist.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast