• Yes, one day, inside.

27 38.03%
  • Yes, both days, outside.

8 11.27%
  • Yes, one day, outside.

19 26.76%
Page 5 of 116 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: ****PAFOA Representation**** Harrisburg Capitol Building, 9/24 and 9/25

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I would think both days are important, but if someone can do only one day, day two would be best.
    Noted for getting time off.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: ****PAFOA Representation**** Harrisburg Capitol Building, 9/24 and 9/25

Also where will the hearings take place i.e. once we get into the Capitol which location should we head to?

It's the senate judiciary committee. As noted in OP, as more details emerge, they'll be posted. This thread needed started now without all of the information in place due to the short notice. I hope everyone understands that.

Val Finnell, who is a part of FOAC and one of the hardest fighters in Pittsburgh, is going to be testifying. He is the one that provided me with the times and generic agenda of "metal health" and "guns."
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Berks County)

What questions should I ask of Rep Maloney when I go over there?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

I want to also thank site staff for posting a site banner!

(Delaware County)

My wife is having surgery on September 9th Docs say long recovery. Will try to line up care for her to attend the 25th.
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

Op updated with times and agenda. Day one is mental health. Day two is guns.
    Darn, looks like I'll miss the contested day over firearms. Maybe I can talk to my overseer to get off Wednesday, but I do need to leave a really good impression on them, so I don't know.

I think many agree on expanding and increasing access to mental health care. It's certainly a critical issue with increasing suicide rates. I really don't think anyone there will be like, "nyahhh, let's NOT support mental health care access!!!".

However, if this specific hearing is addressing the intersection of mental health and mass shootings, as I stated in a long ramble in the "are you a libertarian" thread, it doesn't seem like most of these mass shooters are severely mentally ill. Rather, I think they are mostly people who have been indoctrinated by certain ideologies. I think the rise of these ideologies goes deeper into issues with the current state of the national psyche, but I think that is far beyond the scope of mental healthcare.

Maybe Tuesday will deal with red flag laws though? I'm not sure if that's more a Tuesday or Wednesday issue. There is an interesting precedent that could be set here. Let's say I'm hypothetically correct, and most of these mass shootings are due to ideology. Would they try to expand red flag laws to cover people who believe in aggressive ideologies? Could red flag laws almost act like a thought police, so to speak? Or am I hyperbolizing all of this?

I really just hope it's not 3 hours of people screeching about video games, lmao.
    Get up

29 "going" 195 "interested" and a couple hundred shares on Facebook so far.

(Montgomery County)

People.
    Don't let "mental health" put you at ease.
    Mental health is red flag laws.

We need to flood the Capitol and the gun control hearings both days.

Sept 24, 2019 - 9am-12pm red flag laws.
    Sept 25, 2019 - 1pm-4pm magazine bans, universal registration (universal background checks).
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Lancaster County)

It's the senate judiciary committee. As noted in OP, as more details emerge, they'll be posted. This thread needed started now without all of the information in place due to the short notice. I hope everyone understands that.

Val Finnell, who is a part of FOAC and one of the hardest fighters in Pittsburgh, is going to be testifying. He is the one that provided me with the times and generic agenda of "metal health" and "guns."
    Yes Val is a member of FOAC but he's not speaking on our behalf. He is the state representative for GOA and testifying for them.

Page 5 of 116 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast