17 23.94%
  • Yes, one day, inside.

27 38.03%
  • Yes, both days, outside.

8 11.27%
  • Yes, one day, outside.

19 26.76%
Page 16 of 116 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Default Re: ****PAFOA Representation**** Harrisburg Capitol Building, 9/24 and 9/25

Some info added to second original post.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Default Re: ****PAFOA Representation**** Harrisburg Capitol Building, 9/24 and 9/25

On hold on WSBA 910 AM to announce on air!
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Gary Sutton gave me a good 5 minutes! Thought I made some great points about gun control and mentioned the dates at least twice.

Anyone hear me? All listeners in York, Adams, Dauphin and Lancaster counties did.

I have a face for radio, but maybe not the voice.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; August 22nd, 2019 at 09:06 AM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Gary Sutton gave me a good 5 minutes! Thought I made some great points about gun control and mentioned the dates at least twice.

Anyone hear me? All listeners in York, Adams, Dauphin and Lancaster counties did.

I face a face for radio, but maybe not the voice.
    huh?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    huh?
    Fixed it. All hyped up on coffee and adrenaline since I'm famous now.

I'm going to try to get on Ken Matthews' show on 580 AM too. Now I've rehearsed it once and he's a huge gun guy...who hosted Rush Limbaugh's show sometimes. He mentions our local issues on Rush's show sometimes (like Pittsburgh mayor).

I heard Dana Loesch talking about Tom Wolf's "executive order" just signed on air too.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Nice job!
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

The previous 2 topics on the show was a psychiatrist who was citing gun stats and really saying guns are not the problem factually, it's mental health. He was simply citing stats and being on the pro-2A side because of the truth. Both Gary Sutton, the host, and the doctor were both speaking in favor of protecting the 2A. Then he had on a pastor who was talking about the need for people to speak up and speak out more in their beliefs.

I saw a window to join that conversation. I packed in as much as I could in this opportunity.

I told the call screener and then Gary that I'm calling in to "merge the previous two topics of gun control and speaking up." They loved the idea.

I covered:

*How Bloomberg and Wolf are collaborating in Harrisburg
    *Invite to all gun owners and anyone who even cares about the 2A to flood the Capitol on the 24th and 25th of September to provide an opposing voice in the debate
    *Day 1 is mental health which means red flag laws that will be abused
    *Day 2 is gun control measures like mag limits and "Assault weapons" ban which is a made up team meaning they're really after all semiautomatic firearms.
    *How you are more likely to die in a car or swimming pool than mass shooting

Host finally got a chance to cut in and speak on his own show and asked me if I believe there should be more gun laws or do we have enough on the books. I responded:

*We have too many already in my opinion. They just need to be enforced. Gun control proponents do not understand or refuse to admit criminals will never follow laws, so gun control will only embolden criminals to target more law-abiding citizens
    *Gun control makes more victims. Chicago is an example because with the strictest gun laws there, they have 60 shooting every weekend.

He said, time's up in the show and thanked me. I got in one more "EVERYONE NEEDS TO SHOW UP ON SEPTEMBER 24th and 25th AT THE CAPITOL! ONCE OUR FREEDOMS ARE TAKEN AWAY WE'LL NEVER GET THEM BACK!" He repeated the date for the listeners.

After I was off the air, he said to his guest, a pastor who comes on weekly to discuss current issues: "There's a guy who is taking a stand and speaking out about what he believes in!" The pastor said something about we need more intelligent people speaking out about issues instead of just name-calling and using 4-letter words. I hope that was a compliment and not "man, we need mroe intelligent callers than that guy." Ha.

I intend to follow up and thank him for the chance to speak and send him a flyer once I get them finished. Maybe a week before the date I'll see if I can get on air again to remind people.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lehigh County)

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to alpacaheat again."
    --ET

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    The previous 2 topics on the show was a psychiatrist who was citing gun stats and really saying guns are not the problem factually, it's mental health...
    Really well done, Alpaca.
    Thank you for getting the word out.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Bam. Followup email sent. Don't scare the guy off if he comes here, he has a microphone.

Gary - <my name> from the tail end of those morning's show.

I just wanted to thank you and your station for giving me the air time to get my message out about the urgency of what's happening in Harrisburg next month in regards to our Second Amendment. I know I talked a lot and crammed in a lot of thoughts, but I am passionate about protecting our freedoms and wanted to get the word out that if we do not start standing up and fighting back, we'll find ourselves without freedom. The other side is highly organized and active and it's time for gun owners to start doing the same to stand up for themselves, before it's too late.

I'm actually helping with some folks at PAFOA (Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association) www.pafoa.org to organize and get people to this rally. We helped with the huge annual 2A rally in the Capitol Rotunda in May this year, which annually packs 800-1,000 people into the Rotunda to hear speakers, then split up to visit our legislators' offices, both pro- and anti-2A to talk to them and remind them their voters are paying attention. We'd love it if you came next year, it's a great, patriotic event. It's usually in April or May.

I'll be preparing a flyer soon with details about next month to distribute to as many people as I can and I'll send you one. Hopefully the chance to remind your listeners before the dates comes up. I can't stress how urgent this situation is. We have a Governor intent on some radical gun control and funding from Bloomberg to push it through.

GOA (Gun Owners of America_ will also be attending next month and actually gets a speaking opportunity in the legislative session. Aside from the NRA, this is likely the most effective 2A organization in the nation. I'm a member.

Again, thank you. Been listening to you since just before September 11, 2001 and usually agree with you m but when I don't, you're at least fair in discussing it. I even met you at a National night out (I believe) in Dover one year.

God Bless.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 16 of 116 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast