Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Purchased pistol new - never used it - dealer has it on Gunbroker as used?

Hello.
    Well I took my Ruger P95 DC to Tanners Sports center to have them place it on Gunbroker.
    I did this since they have a large following.
    I told them It was purchased new and I never shot it.
    It was in perfect condition.
    Everything was included plus I added two extra 15 round magazines since the ones it came with were 10 round during the Federal Assault Weapons Ban years.
    Now when I check the listing out it states the condition is used.
    What gives here?
    Should I send a message to them or just leave it be.
    I know it is an older pistol since I purchased it in 1998.
    Is this because I am not a dealer that makes it automatically used or since it was purchased from a dealer already that makes it used?
    I would really like to know.
    I sold two pistols myself on Gunbroker and they were stated as new - never used.
    Got what I wanted for them also.
    No dealer low balling.

Default Re: Purchased pistol new - never used it - dealer has it on Gunbroker as used?

They have only your word that it wasn't used. I would also suggest that once a gun leaves dealer inventory and enters a person's hands, most people consider it "used." At least in my experience. I wouldn't expect new money for your gun.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Default Re: Purchased pistol new - never used it - dealer has it on Gunbroker as used?

Doesn't matter. You are the original retail purchaser. By law it is pre-owned , aka , used.

It's also in the PSP-ROS in YOUR NAME.

Unless it come to the dealer new from a distributor or manufacturer , it's used.
    Last edited by abner13; August 16th, 2019 at 06:11 PM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

Ok used, even though I never shot it.
    I understand it is only my word.
    Well the only firing that pistol got was from the factory.
    It should have been stated it is in like new condition or perfect condition instead of just excellent.
    To me excellent leaves room for minor imperfections.
    Like new or perfect does not.

Incidentally, the Ruger P95 was my very first pistol back in the day.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Berks County)

I always thought that the term for this condition is 'NIB'.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Perry County)

Once a gun leaves a dealer and goes to an individual, it is used. Even if you had it 5 minutes and changed your mind and sold it back.

EXCELLENT: New condition, used but little, no noticeable marring of wood or metal, bluing perfect, (except at muzzle or sharp edges).

A dealer is going to leave himself some wiggle room on an online auction. Too many assholes out there that would find that one little nick or scratch and want to send it back. This covers a scuff during shipping or some minor wear that would occur with a magazine or two being fired. Finally, as mentioned, the dealer has no reason to believe you never fired it unless you're a long-time customer that they know they can trust implicitly.

NIB is New In Box, a new gun never sold.

ANIB As New In Box would be a gun that has been sold but has no markings, comes with all cards and hang tags etc.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

When any firearm was purchased New and the owner wants to sell it it is Used even though un fired !

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Doesn't matter. You are the original retail purchaser. By law it is pre-owned , aka , used.

It's also in the PSP-ROS in YOUR NAME.

Unless it come to the dealer new from a distributor or manufacturer , it's used.
    yup.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

PickingPA Guest

If you buy a car new from a dealer, that dealer delivers it to your driveway on a rollback, it sits in your garage any length of time 30 seconds to 30+ years, and never driven, then you decide to sell it....it’s used.

Title was transferred at time of sale. Used

Works the same

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast