Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default I earned a PA Act 235, but was denied a conceal carry permit.

So I just found out I couldn't get my conceal carry permit due an arrest, reckless behavior and not in good standing. I was arrested at the beginning of this year on a warrant from a year ago. There were misdeamnor charges, but all those were dismissed and I pleaded guilty to a summary offense of property damage and had to pay 200 dollars. After the case applied for my Act 235. I passed the PA state police and fbi background checks, the psych, the physical and the class. I received my Act 235. After that I went to the gun shop and purchased a hi point 45 (huge mistake) passed that back ground check and started working an armed security job. I then took the hi point back and bought a different gun and passed the background check again. Now I have a Taurus PT809. Why would they deny my Conceal Carry permit but allow me to have a Act 235 and be able to purchase a weapon. I thinking about appealing and suing the state.

(Berks County)

Default Re: I earned a PA Act 235, but was denied a conceal carry permit.

Quote Originally Posted by HoggyBear Thoughts View Post
    So I just found out I couldn't get my conceal carry permit due an arrest, reckless behavior and not in good standing. I was arrested at the beginning of this year on a warrant from a year ago. There were misdeamnor charges, but all those were dismissed and I pleaded guilty to a summary offense of property damage and had to pay 200 dollars. After the case applied for my Act 235. I passed the PA state police and fbi background checks, the psych, the physical and the class. I received my Act 235. After that I went to the gun shop and purchased a hi point 45 (huge mistake) passed that back ground check and started working an armed security job. I then took the hi point back and bought a different gun and passed the background check again. Now I have a Taurus PT809. Why would they deny my Conceal Carry permit but allow me to have a Act 235 and be able to purchase a weapon. I thinking about appealing and suing the state.
    Probably because you are in Philthytown. You only have 30 days to appeal so don't waste any time. You'd be best served to get a lawyer to represent you. You have two reputable options who haunt this site, GunLawyer001 and SigForLlfe. PM either one or both.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

I would focus more on getting your rights back, threatening to sue to state sounds silly to me.

(Chester County)

Your denial letter should have given you their reasons.

Most likely you have fallen to the character clause which in applicable to LTCF issuance but not firearm purchasing (PICS).

As already suggested talk to one of the suggested lawyers - your appeal clock may be running.

18 PA CS §6109(e) Issuance of license.--

(1) A license to carry a firearm shall be for the purpose of carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle and shall be issued if, after an investigation not to exceed 45 days, it appears that the applicant is an individual concerning whom no good cause exists to deny the license. A license shall not be issued to any of the following:

(i) An individual whose character and reputation is such that the individual would be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety.
    Last edited by tl_3237; August 16th, 2019 at 02:35 PM.
    IANAL

(Berks County)

The appeal clock is definitely running.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Erie County)

Just curious. How do you get your firearm from your residence to your armed security job, if you don't have a LTCF?

(Clearfield County)

Hello Wakefield

(Allegheny County)

1. "They" are different entities, so one doesn't care about the other.
    2. Just because you are able to own a firearm, that doesn't mean you will be issued a License to Conceal Firearms. (as you found out)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Sounds like the sheriff denied you simply because he didn't like what was on your record and not because he was legally obligated. Move to Wayne Co. You'll have your permit in 20 minutes.

(Montgomery County)

Welcome to the PAFOA.

Your question should be directed to an attorney that specializes in gun law.
    That is the only way to be sure you are getting 100% reliable advice.

Phil Kline is a highly recommended attorney and a PAFOA moderator.
    I strongly suggest that you contact Phil and see what he has to say about your situation.

Attorney Phil Kline email here: gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Attorney Phil Kline private message here: http://forum.pafoa.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=1125

--

We need every gun owner to help protect our gun rights by voting pro gun in every election every year.
    Please make sure you are registered to vote here: https://www.pavoterservices.pa.gov/P...plication.aspx
    Pro gun voter guides are posted in PAFOA before every election here: http://forum.pafoa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Please also join the National Rifle Association (NRA) and Gun Owners of America (GOA) to help protect your Second Amendment right to own a gun.

Join NRA here: https://home.nra.org/
    Join GOA here: https://gunowners.org/

Best of luck to you.
    Bern-
    -
    Last edited by Berncly; August 17th, 2019 at 12:44 AM. Reason: typo
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast