Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb My first CC encounter…

Well I took my girlfriend out to dinner to the Chinese restaurant in Lock Haven, I had with me my S&W .38 SPL.(snub) I eat there all the time with no issue, well about 10 min into stuffing my face the conversation between me and my girlfriend died, and I started to look at the goofy people in the vicinity of me. I looked off to my right and this old guy was staring at me but he was looking at where my gun was located, I looked down and my shirt had come up exposing a bit of the grip. I had an instant oh shit look on my face. We made eye contact and I was trying to think of something to say, before he said something, but all he did was smiled and winked at me. I’m guessing to not cause a scene in front of his wife and my g/f. I respect the guy for accepting it, from what I could see he wasn’t carrying, but I could have been wrong. Since I’m still new at CCing I was always nervous for some reason, and since I am 21 and in a college town, I thought if someone did see me they would get the wrong impression. All in all it turned out good and I am glad that it was my first encounter.
    ΑΣΦ

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: My first CC encounter…

Glad to hear it was positive. Baby steps and remember...just do what YOU are comfortable. No need to be pressured into anything...EVER.

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam M Geer View Post
    Well I took my girlfriend out to dinner to the Chinese restaurant in Lock Haven, ....and since I am 21 and in a college town, I thought if someone did see me they would get the wrong impression.
    Just remember, you are not in a college town. You are in a redneck town with a college in it. ;-)

Glad everything went well for you. But really, in these parts, not a lot of people care.

Hey I eat there once in a while. The baffet place right? One night I was out with my parents at another place in Lock Haven and I'm sure it was about to be robbed. On the way inside I noticed a red dodge lazor backed in along the side exit with the engine running. A women was in the driver's eat and she keep using her mirror to look in the door. After we were seated inside, I noticed an individual at the bar who looked really nervous and he kept looking around behind him. He made eye contact with my father and me. I told my dad what I had noticed. We just stared back at him. After quite a while he just got up and left. Minutes later we drove over to weis and they said they were just robbed. They described the guy who was at the bar. We called the cops and described their car. I knew the make and model but had no plate number of course. The police told us they were probably already half way to philly and they didn't seem like they were going to do anything. Just keep on the look out. My smith 637 likes to have shirts ride up the grip. The rubber is really sticky. I've had the same thing happen a couple of times. I'm 28 and been carrying since I was 21. I was not carrying that night at the restaurant because I just turned 21 and was nervous about carrying. Lesson learned. The weis people said he claimed to have a gun in his pocket but he never showed it.

We made eye contact and I was trying to think of something to say, before he said something, but all he did was smiled and winked at me. I’m guessing to not cause a scene in front of his wife and my g/f. I respect the guy for accepting it, from what I could see he wasn’t carrying, but I could have been wrong.
    Maybe he liked ya

(Dauphin County)

Well I took my girlfriend out to dinner to the Chinese restaurant in Lock Haven, I had with me my S&W .38 SPL.(snub) I eat there all the time with no issue, well about 10 min into stuffing my face the conversation between me and my girlfriend died, and I started to look at the goofy people in the vicinity of me. I looked off to my right and this old guy was staring at me but he was looking at where my gun was located, I looked down and my shirt had come up exposing a bit of the grip. I had an instant oh shit look on my face. We made eye contact and I was trying to think of something to say, before he said something, but all he did was smiled and winked at me. I’m guessing to not cause a scene in front of his wife and my g/f. I respect the guy for accepting it, from what I could see he wasn’t carrying, but I could have been wrong. Since I’m still new at CCing I was always nervous for some reason, and since I am 21 and in a college town, I thought if someone did see me they would get the wrong impression. All in all it turned out good and I am glad that it was my first encounter.

RELAX..... you did fine

(Lancaster County)

Glad to hear it was only that and nothing bad!

Was this the place in Mill Hall right at the border of Lock Haven? Or another place?

I go up there alot.

Everyone tells me to watch it in that city with either CC'ing or OC'ing.

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Watch for what? I have CC and OC in Lock Haven, Mill Hall, Beech Creek, Jersey Shore, Avis, etc, etc. without any problems for years. Not sure what you would need to be so paranoid about?

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Preemption means that state law is the law in these towns... That doesn't mean however that the police won't harass you anyway... But that can happen anywhere...

Yeah I had a few people gawk at my grip hanging out when I was CC'ing the other day here in PGH...max and erma's restaurant in monroeville.

Heard the one guy whisper "can he do that?"

Yes sir, yes I can.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast