Okay, here's my stupid question of the month.

A few months ago, I finally got my Ruger P-90 DC. (.45ACP) I just love the gun, it feels good in the hand, right out of the box, the factory sights are dead on, it eats any ammo I have fed it (so far) and most of all, well, I just like it.

Anyway, I have found one little problem, one that is slightly annoying, and easy to fix, I just need some input on upgrade sights. In certain situations, backlighting for example, the white dots on the sights are blasted out by the brightness of the target area. The are also hard to see in low light too.

Now, with the background established, and my admittedly limited experiece with sight replacement, what options are out there for a do-it-yourselfer for better sights.

I have used Tru-Glo on my bow, I like them, except that they are a bit fragile.
I considered adding color from a bottle of model paint to the factory sights, just as a stop gap, but I'm also nervous about slapping paint on a new pistol. (Yes, Lycan, and others who subscribe to the "clean it when it starts acting up" school of thought, after 23 years of Uncle preaching Firearms Cleanliness, I'm a clean gun guy. I also hate painting a nice stainless finish. Personal preference.)

Any comments?