Default Utah CFP class

State of Utah
    Concealed Firearm Permit
    Certification

Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen's Club in the Combination building

October 25, 2008
    Saturday
    1:00pm - 5:00pm

Note: This course date is not posted on our website. It is the last Utah CFP class in 2008. Since we are so close to the course date, do not submit an enrollment form. Please e-mail me at tony@fireinstitute.org and let me know you will be attending. I will provide all necessary forms at the class. All you need to bring is payment (cash or check), a notepad and a pen.

The F.I.R.E. Institute is pleased to offer a course providing certification for a non-resident Utah Concealed Firearms Permit. The state of Utah currently has reciprocity with 25 other states, which means you will be able to legally carry in Utah as well as states that recognize a valid Utah CFP.

The F.I.R.E. Institute will provide the CFP application forms. At the conclusion of the course we will direct you as to how to proceed with respect to applying for a CFP to the Utah Dept. of Public Safety (Bureau of Criminal Identification).

Please note that when traveling armed outside the state of Pennsylvania into states that honor Utah's permit that many may have statutes and regulations more stringent than those with which we are familiar with in Pennsylvania. It is incumbent upon YOU to research the matter in order to avoid criminal violations. Call the Attorney's General offices of the states in which you will be traveling through and request information.

Also note a section of the Utah application requires documentation to any "Yes" answers.

ALL APPLICANTS: Please answer "Yes" or "No" to all questions below. A complete criminal background check will be conducted including expunged and juvenile court records. If you answer "Yes" to any question, attach documentation explaining your answer. If you have any concerns in regard to these questions, please call the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification at 801-965-4445.

Have you ever been convicted of a felony?
    Have you ever been convicted of a crime of violence?
    Have you ever been convicted of an offense involving the use of alcohol? (i.e. DUI, supply alcohol to minor, etc.)
    Have you ever been convicted of the unlawful use of narcotics or other controlled substances?
    Have you ever been convicted of any offense involving moral turpitude? (i.e., theft, criminal mischief, sex crimes, etc.)
    Have you ever been arrested for any offense involving domestic violence?
    Have you ever been adjudicated as mentally incompetent?
    Have you ever been involved in any incident in which you have used unlawful violence or threats of unlawful violence?
    Are you currently subject to a court sanctioned protective order?
    Have you ever been dishonorably discharged from the armed forces?

Course format: Lecture and classroom of approximately 4 hours duration. There is no written test and no live fire qualification but please bring a pen and notepad.

Cost $50.00: This includes range fees but does not include the fee charged by the state of Utah which is $65.25 as of August 1, 2007. Other expenses may also be incurred such as Notary fees and fees charged by LE agencies for fingerprinting. There are no discounts applicable to this course.

Instructor: Tony Ferrazzoli, a FIRE Institute staff instructor, has been licensed #I101116 by the State of Utah to certify course participants. Mr. Ferrazzoli is an NRA certified instructor, a graduate of the Marksmans Enterprise (Jim Crews) 3-day handgun instructor course and Stock Brothers 3-day instructor clinic. Over the last 12 years he has accrued over a thousand hours of formal firearms instruction.

Class size: Minimum enrollment requirement of ten students.

Prerequisites: No prerequisites other than the minimum age limit of 21 years old. Proof of no criminal history is not required for this course as the State of Utah conducts a criminal background check through the FBI as part of the application process. Please download and submit an Enrollment form.

Note: Please e-mail tony@fireinstitute.org or call 412.310.7838 for course details or if you have any questions.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Utah CFP class

We have adequate enrollment for this class to proceed.

Since we are so close to the course date, do not submit an enrollment form but please e-mail me at tony@fireinstitute.org and let me know you will be attending. I will provide all necessary forms at the class. All you need to bring is payment (cash or check), a notepad and a pen.

Thank you.