Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (York County)

Default Re: ATF Approves Pennsylvania's Mental Health Relief Provision As Sufficient Under NI

This is good news --- Thanks for all the work you've been doing for firearms owners --- it is appreciated...

-ID-

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    After years of arguing over this with ATF and litigating the issue, ATF has finally agreed that Pennsylvania's mental health relief provision is sufficient under the NICS Improvement Amendments Act ("NIAA") and as a result, if an individual is able to obtain state relief, such will automatically relieve any disability under federal law (i.e. 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(4)) - https://blog.princelaw.com/2019/07/0...th-commitments

(Berks County)

Default Re: ATF Approves Pennsylvania's Mental Health Relief Provision As Sufficient Under NI

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Not really. You need to petition the state that created the prohibition, so this really doesn't help a person who was prohibited by NY.
    Omg you would think we were a collection of little states and not one big country.

10th amendment. We can’t have one state interfering with commerce in another.

The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Holy freaking crap, I wonder what this will mean for me and all the BS I've put up with for nearly 3 years now. I originally got State relief granted then after that appealed and ended up winning that. Then of course the PSP appealed that it went to the appellate court and after a year of that it's now pending in the Surpreme Court. I hope to god this can do something for me to end this farce.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy63 View Post
    Will this help someone from NY that now lives in PA that had NY flag them for mental health?
    Luckily, New York state has a regular mental health relief from disabilities program approved by the Federal Government.

Here is the link to the form you need to fill out depending on whether the person was committed to a psychiatric hospital or a facility for persons with developmental disabilities

Psychiatric Hospital:
    https://nics.ny.gov/requirements.html
    Facility for persons with developmental disabilities:
    https://opwdd.ny.gov/opwdd_resources.../OPWDD_NICS-01

Please note: This will probably be a very tough thing to get, considering New York's attitude towards guns. However, it is possible unlike in a few states that have no relief program at all. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12