Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Knoebels... officially an anti 2nd establishment.

I am supposed to go to Knoebels which has been one of my favorite places to go over the last couple of years. This is on their website.

http://www.knoebels.com/stay/campground-information

Firearms
    Firearms, fireworks, bows and arrows, slingshots and air guns are NOT permitted. Sparklers, ground spinners and cap guns are permitted.

I am extremely disappointed by this official policy. I thought they were better than this with more respect for people's Constitutional rights.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Knoebels... officially an anti 2nd establishment.

Appears to be for the campground only. I don't see anything about it in the park policies. CC'd there for years, just recently on July 4. Still disappointing.
    http://www.knoebels.com/plan-your-visit/park-policies

(Lycoming County)

Yeah, I've always carried there. Never stayed in the camp ground. I'm only an hour away, so it's a day trip for us.

We are camping there for 2 nights. It's disappointing, there many places I would expect this from so it's not a big deal. But like many things in life, when you have a certain expection and a person does not live up to it, it stings a bit more.

With what I've read of the family, and based on conversations I have had with people there over the years, I thought they would have more respect for natural and Constitutional rights. I would not have pegged them for an organization that would willingly want to make people sitting ducks if something were to happen like it did in Virginia recently with members of congress getting shot. Because as we all know, bad guys won't stop because a web site tells them to. I just never saw them as being an anti establishment.

I wouldn't hit them too hard for the campground policy. I don't think I have been to a private campground that didn't have a no firearms policy. I think one time they had to be kept in your RV/vehicle. Wouldn't stop me for a moment.

(Schuylkill County)

A no firearms sign has been posted at the entrance to the campground for many years.

(Lycoming County)

I have to wonder how diligently they enforce the policy. Talking to a friend of mine, they don't search anything going into the camp ground. There's no searches for anything going into the park. They've operated on a don't ask don't tell policy for the park as long as I can remember. If they don't see it, they don't care. I'm guessing if it stayed concealed they wouldn't have a problem or care. How would they know anyway?

I know personally what I would do.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I am supposed to go to Knoebels which has been one of my favorite places to go over the last couple of years. This is on their website.

Firearms
    Firearms, fireworks, bows and arrows, slingshots and air guns are NOT permitted. Sparklers, ground spinners and cap guns are permitted.

I am extremely disappointed by this official policy. I thought they were better than this with more respect for people's Constitutional rights.
    That is the campground only.

I have personal correspondence with them, which can be found in the lounge & in locations on the forum conversations about the park that shows they are not anti. The long and the short is they request you:

Don't leave your firearm in the bathroom.
    Do not let it on the rides.
    Do not open carry because they don't want to deal with the whiners from NJ/NY.

An incident came up several years ago, and Knobles handled it politely without much fuss. I do not spend my money with antis, I have no problems taking my family there, to include camping. If you keep it out of sight they are not going to care. They allow drinking at their camp sites & have people from NJ staying there, and you know what they are like.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; July 25th, 2017 at 12:54 PM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Susquehanna County)

CCW and forget about it.. most they can do is ask you to leave..
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post

Firearms

...until there is a mass shooting at their fairgrounds or campsite...stupid doesn't learn, until stupid is forced to see things for what they are...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast