Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default I got my first reload press

I just started to reload. I just went and got a MEG 600 and Lee load all . I have to learn that IM doing. I going to set up a reloading station in my basment???????

(Fayette County)

Default Re: I got my first reload press

Basement is a good place as long as its not too damp. You should always keep powder and primers somewhere dry, but in a damp basement your press and dies could start to rust.

I use .50 cal. ammo cans to store my powder and primers in. I throw in some of those little white packs that come in different packages that are supposed to suck up moisture. What are those things called? Anyway, it works good for me.

You will want to fix-up a nice clean and organized place for your equipment. Clutter just adds confusion, ask me how I know. Pick a place for your reloading stuff and keep everything that does not deal with reloading out of that area. A sturdy bench is a must. Do not waste your time mounting everything on a workbench with a 3/4" plywood top.

I'm located on the other side of Dawson in Lower Tyrone Township. If you need any help let me know. I've been pretty busy lately but if I get a chance I'll give you a hand.

(York County)

I have little desiccant bags laying all around my reloading room. They come in new auto parts boxes so I just save them and bring them home. If you have alot of moisture in your basement it may be wise to invest in a de-humidifier.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Flash3x View Post
    Basement is a good place as long as its not too damp. You should always keep powder and primers somewhere dry, but in a damp basement your press and dies could start to rust.

I use .50 cal. ammo cans to store my powder and primers in. I throw in some of those little white packs that come in different packages that are supposed to suck up moisture. What are those things called? Anyway, it works good for me.

You will want to fix-up a nice clean and organized place for your equipment. Clutter just adds confusion, ask me how I know. Pick a place for your reloading stuff and keep everything that does not deal with reloading out of that area. A sturdy bench is a must. Do not waste your time mounting everything on a workbench with a 3/4" plywood top.

I'm located on the other side of Dawson in Lower Tyrone Township. If you need any help let me know. I've been pretty busy lately but if I get a chance I'll give you a hand.
    That sounds good. Ineed some one to show me some stuff. It will be a little while till I get all the stuff I need thought.