Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Gun storage similar to Gunsitters? (Poconos region preferably, but can drive further)

Hi everyone,
    Not a frequent poster here, so apologies if that's a wrong spot for such a question.
    Without too much details now, I might end up in a situation where it may be wise not to have firearms at home at least for a while.
    The only place I know of that caters to such situations is Gunsitters (I think they have a location in Easton).

Any similar place for a temporary storage around Poconos/NEPA you heard of?
    Maybe any FFL doing something like this? May be for a month or two depending on how things develop.
    Thanks a lot!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Gun storage similar to Gunsitters? (Poconos region preferably, but can drive furt

You can drop them at a gunsmith for inspections and cleaning, with the understanding you may not be able to pick them up for awhile.

Default Re: Gun storage similar to Gunsitters? (Poconos region preferably, but can drive furt

rent a storage locker? I know that some areas even have indoor climate controlled storage rooms.
    Not sure what may be in your area

(Luzerne County)

Hi, thanks a lot for all your replies!
    I like the idea of getting a separate locker/safe (or I can just move mine, it's not even a safe, it's more a locked container).
    I don't have any immediate family in PA, unfortunately, and at this point I'd probably not want to drag any my close friends into the thing.

Plus - and this might be the most important thing here - ideally I'd prefer my belongings to be meticulously listed and this whole fact documented as officially as possible if things go very wrong.
    I like the concept of Gunsitters and/or leaving things with a gunsmith, I basically wonder if anyone knows any NEPA ones willing to do so

I'll also stop by my nearest gun shop later today to ask them if they do this or know any place that does.

Thanks!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikka1 View Post
    Hi, thanks a lot for all your replies!
    I like the idea of getting a separate locker/safe (or I can just move mine, it's not even a safe, it's more a locked container).
    I don't have any immediate family in PA, unfortunately, and at this point I'd probably not want to drag any my close friends into the thing.

Plus - and this might be the most important thing here - ideally I'd prefer my belongings to be meticulously listed and this whole fact documented as officially as possible if things go very wrong.
    I like the concept of Gunsitters and/or leaving things with a gunsmith, I basically wonder if anyone knows any NEPA ones willing to do so

I'll also stop by my nearest gun shop later today to ask them if they do this or know any place that does.

Thanks!
    The gunsmith accepting your firearms for cleaning and inspection would record everything in his/her log book. That's pretty official to 'cover you'. Good luck with this process and I hope everything works out for you.

(Northampton County)

Pocono GunKeepers. They are on rt191/rt447 in Analomink. Just north of Stroudsburg

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    The gunsmith accepting your firearms for cleaning and inspection would record everything in his/her log book. That's pretty official to 'cover you'. Good luck with this process and I hope everything works out for you.
    ^ Correct

I offer storage depending on how many.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Adams County)

Once worked with someone who was more of a collector than shooter of handguns. Kept them is a bank safe deposit box. Would occasionally take a duffel bag in and load it up with a few, go to the range, then clean and oil and return them.

(Franklin County)

My immediate thought was a safe deposit box, depending on how many you have.
    The Hostler

Depends on whether you need to hide them, or remove your own access to them. A prohibited person (subject to a temporary PFA, for example) doesn't address his problems with a safe deposit box to which he retains access. Leaving them with an FFL who would need to do a PICS check before returning them, would fix that issue.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast