Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Cops use Narcan to revive man... he start shooting once revived.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Might even want to fumble with those handcuffs, trying to get them on for ten or fifteen minutes while you're at it.

So you advocate playing God? What's funny is I know a person from back in the Vietnam war days that was a heroin addict, had a few OD's and multiple relapses. Now he saves lives as a surgeon at a University Hospital in Ca.

The last I heard alcoholics were not eligible for liver transplants.
    Don't know for sure but I do know David Crosby got one CSN

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Don't know for sure but I do know David Crosby got one CSN
    And a 61 year old Bob Casey received a heart and liver transplant while two younger people died waiting for them.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Might even want to fumble with those handcuffs, trying to get them on for ten or fifteen minutes while you're at it.
    In an ambulance we only carried cravats not cuffs. We'd use them to tie loose restraints that a docile patient probably wouldn't notice, but if they became violent and struggled the knot would tighten. Rule #1 was do not let a one patient scene turn into 2 or more patients that included us EMS volunteers. Back when I started 20+ years ago we always had Narcan on board. Now that the life saving affects of Narcan (however undeserving the life may be of saving) is making headlines LE agencies are training officers on how to use it and having them carry it in their patrol cars, but clearly (at least not in this case) not about the violent tendencies of reviving an OD it can bring about.

ETA: I may be slow, but eventually I get there. Yes, maybe taking a little more time to carefully apply restraints, for the safety of the patient of course, would be equally effective in preventing additional patients after administering Narcan as strapping them down.
    Last edited by str8shooter; June 15th, 2019 at 08:01 AM.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

(Monroe County)

And a 61 year old Bob Casey received a heart and liver transplant while two younger people died waiting for them.
    Capitalism, money seems to buy it all. Personally somehow money and politics shouldn't even enter into the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    It's time to stop reanimating all these worthless toads.
    The "opioid crisis" seems like a self correcting problem if we just let it sort itself out.

Said as someone that lost family to heroin overdose.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    The "opioid crisis" seems like a self correcting problem if we just let it sort itself out.

Same as the "gun crisis", but no one wants to admit there are people who intentionally choose a path of self destruction knowing their life of crime and/or addiction will end at a young age. All they want to see is tax dollars thrown at lost causes to save the lives of those who have no desire to be saved.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    Same as the "gun crisis", but no one wants to admit there are people who intentionally choose a path of self destruction knowing their life of crime and/or addiction will end at a young age. All they want to see is tax dollars thrown at lost causes to save the lives of those who have no desire to be saved.
    True. It's racist to point out where most of the gun crime occurs.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lancaster County)

The last I heard alcoholics were not eligible for liver transplants.
    Who takes 10 or 15 mins to fumble with cuffs? If they’re retarded maybe.

We give narcan, just enough for you to breathe on your own, but you’re not waking up until you’re in the er. Depending on the cops on scene, they’ll handcuff right away. Then you’ll get the full dose of narcan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post

In general families have a hard time understanding substance abuse disorder. Mainly because of the chaos and storm they've been through or are in the middle of. Until I took a step back and set on a journey of research and helping I too didn't get it.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Maybe procedure should be now that they get handcuffed before treatment. I've seen a lot of videos of cops handcuffing corpses.
    We used to do that. But then there were complaints and it became non PC.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast