Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Today in the mail, I received a Pardon from Governor Wolf.

This is awesome news

(Philadelphia County)

Congratulations!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Allegheny County)

I'm happy you got it squared away, but that part about thanking the governor made me throw up in my mouth a little.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Well, let me put it this way. My crime never stopped me from buying guns for 32 years, it never affected my ability to earn a living, and do exactly what I wanted to do. Unlike everyone else at the hearing, I didn’t find god. So, my reason for wanting a pardon.........the truth, which I said.....I’m unable to do the things I’ve always taken for granted in life, and have done. Namely........having a legal right to own guns. So, based on my truthful statement I didn’t really think he would sign a pardon for me. And, I was OK if he didn’t. I said all that at the hearing. I didn’t grovel, I was somewhat emotional, and shaking, but my story and my reasons were totally different than most everyone else. I also said, Guns are a four letter word in today’s society, I realize that, and they certainly aren’t solving any of today’s social issues.........are they? I couldn’t make up some fake reason for why I wanted a pardon, like I’ve found god, or I want a different job and can’t get it. Believe me, for me, I had an easier time swallowing and stating the truth. I was grateful, and I always will be to Governor Wolf. He didn’t have to sign my pardon, he could have easily said......No guns! So maybe I have a better grasp of his fairness than most people who think he’s only about taking guns away from people.
    Many people told me, don’t use that as a reason, you’ll lose. But, it was the only truth I had, and I didn’t see a reason to say otherwise even if he refused to sign it for that reason alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Congratulations!
    Thanks, I quoted the wrong person, but thank you too! 😊
    Last edited by Bewildered; July 8th, 2019 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Wrong response, meant to from emptymag

(Wyoming County)

CONGRATS! Gotta be some white privilege involved;-)

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bewildered View Post
    Well, let me put it this way. My crime never stopped me from buying guns for 32 years, it never affected my ability to earn a living, and do exactly what I wanted to do. Unlike everyone else at the hearing, I didn’t find god. So, my reason for wanting a pardon.........the truth, which I said.....I’m unable to do the things I’ve always taken for granted in life, and have done. Namely........having a legal right to own guns. So, based on my truthful statement I didn’t really think he would sign a pardon for me. And, I was OK if he didn’t. I said all that at the hearing. I didn’t grovel, I was somewhat emotional, and shaking, but my story and my reasons were totally different than most everyone else. I also said, Guns are a four letter word in today’s society, I realize that, and they certainly aren’t solving any of today’s social issues.........are they? I couldn’t make up some fake reason for why I wanted a pardon, like I’ve found god, or I want a different job and can’t get it. Believe me, for me, I had an easier time swallowing and stating the truth. I was grateful, and I always will be to Governor Wolf. He didn’t have to sign my pardon, he could have easily said......No guns! So maybe I have a better grasp of his fairness than most people who think he’s only about taking guns away from people.
    Many people told me, don’t use that as a reason, you’ll lose. But, it was the only truth I had, and I didn’t see a reason to say otherwise even if he refused to sign it for that reason alone.
    Thanks, I quoted the wrong person, but thank you too! ��
    That’s great. I’m happy for you. I think it’s great that Wolf did this and awesome that he did it knowing why you were wanting it.

That said, I will never support Wolf or any Democrats for anything as Democrats are now communist and anti America. The old democrats who only half hated America are long gone.

Keep America Great 2020MD
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12