Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default PA Gun Rights T-Shirts

First this is not my idea. I just think it deserves better exposure.

Credit for the idea goes to Kemikal
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemikal View Post
    I think we should get that OC Flier Printed on T-shirts and wear them so while the police are harassing us they can learn something new
    in this post:http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...tml#post456909 with some commentary already by Penguini66
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguini66 View Post
    Cool idea. On the front, have it printed upsidown so that you can read and quote from it. On the back, have it printed right side up so that they can read it as you walk away from them.
    in http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...tml#post456969

Besides general thoughts on this idea I think there are a few big issues.

1) The flyer is PA Patriot's pidgin and his authorization would be required to use it as is or even excerpted/reorganized. Link to .pdf of flyer: http://paopencarry.org/PennsylvaniaGunRights.pdf

2) PLEASE LET'S NOT TURN THIS INTO A PAFOA T-SHIRT THREAD. If PAFOA.org or PAOpenCarry.org wish to allow references and/or the use of their logos GREAT, but I think asking those questions should be best left to the end once other details are worked out so they can evaluate it properly and not be harassed.

3) Logistics - (I think this is why Dan is so reluctant to get into the T-Shirts again).
    a- Design ???
    b- Fabrication: we need a good source for a high quality product at a reasonable price.
    c- Is there anyone in the community set up already with an online store, stocking, and shipping capability for ongoing orders. I think the group buy thing is un-sustainable for this type of product since I would hope that it would be a very broad based and ongoing demand.

4) "Profit"
    a- I think that some of the proceeds should be donated to PA-Patriot (and if appropriate to those others involved in creating the original) for his work and to PAOpenCarry/PAFOA (especially if they are "licensing" logos)
    b- Even if we find someone "in the community" set up to handle the ordering/stocking/shipping. I think they need to be making at least a small profit above their costs to keep this sustainable. ("Beer money" maybe, not a new full-auto toy kinda thing)

Any one else?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Edited to add:

This is NOT a thread to discuss "PAFOA" logo T-shirts. Those types of apparel are being worked on by PAFOA.

~Pa. Patriot
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; October 13th, 2008 at 12:01 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: PA Gun Rights T-Shirts

Mods: Sorry, I seem to have miscategorized this. - thanks for the correction.

(Luzerne County)

Just real quick... We do have T-shirt designs/plans in the "works" for PaOpenCarry.org

Somewhat. As in.... It's a project in progress.

But, absolutely feel free to brainstorm here.

I think it may be time to bring our prior planning/thoughts that we had on our t-shirt ideas public for final consideration. There has just been to much other "stuff" going on... Remember, for every incident you see posted here, that we are working on behind the scenes, there is usually another one that has not been posted here. IOW: We're busy. So stay tuned, I may be posting a bunch of info later related to shirts in this thread.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Monroe County)

You can set it all up with cafepress.com. They do the shipping and everything. Shirts cost more but anybody that goes on there and searches guns will hit your products.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    You can set it all up with cafepress.com. They do the shipping and everything. Shirts cost more but anybody that goes on there and searches guns will hit your products.
    I'm told their quality is lacking. Which is unfortunate because it IS the easiest way to do something like this and as you point out, people not familiar with PAOC or PAFOA will find the products if browsing "gun", "politica;" etc products.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Another clarifiction, as JD mentioned, this is not a PAFOA t-shirt thread. PAFOA , and associated logo's are the property of Dan and Doug so they have to approve any such logo use. Lets work on the designs of t-shirts here and PAFOA and PAOC logo inclusion can be addressed when needed.
    I can say now that I will surely OK PAOC logo/link, etc inclusion on any good workable designs we come up with provided we can work the logistics of production/distribution out.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Dauphin County)

i have access to a screen printing facility, well my partner does. We made alot of ron paul shirts for his campaign we can get access to any brand shirt. wording is cheap and easy to do. images with color get more expensive per color.... let me know if you would like to order a batch and see if you like, we can do small orders 10-20 or large orders 50-100plus... remember cash makes things flow faster aswell... so does gold sliver or ammo.

pm me if interested in us having you print anything... i would suggest using american brand shirts, they have the quality you want and arnt made in chebackistan or whatever...

american appearal and bayside are what we use when we make our shirts to sell... anyother brand is most likely crap..
    The only thing we learn from history, I am afraid, is that we do not learn from history.

-Ron Paul

(Montgomery County)

Another avenue of distribution and, just as importantly, outreach might be to hit the PA gun shows. There has been talk about a PAFOA table. Maybe a PAFOA/PAOpenCarry booth. We could use member-volunteers (free show admission I'd imagine) in shifts to man the booth and sales should cover the costs of the table. Flyers, T-Shirts, and Stickers maybe.

Barring being out of town ... I'm generally good to do pre-opening set up and do half of Friday and maybe half of Sat. or Sun. at Valley Forge (FYI Next one is 2 months out (Dec. 18-20) so I imagine that might be too soon to get shirts going)

Attending, existing members could pick up (slightly discounted and no-shipping) pre-paid orders and hopefully, there would be decent demand for retail priced ones from the walk by traffic.

(Luzerne County)

See guys my 1/100th of a cent opinion started something =P
    Currently in Open Carry Mode.(ha) Glock 27 .40SW

(York County)

Lets do it. I'm always looking for more T-Shirts.

Dave
    3%

(Delaware County)

definitely need some pro-gun shirts!

maybe rocketfoot will see this and work his magic...
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast