Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Sen. Bob Casey response

This is the response I recieved on voting against gun laws from the Senator.
    Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the Second Amendment and the regulation of firearms. I appreciate hearing from you.

Pennsylvania has a rich tradition of hunting, and I support the Second Amendment right of law-abiding Americans to own guns for protection, sporting and collection. But, like many Americans, I believe we need commonsense gun legislation that will help to prevent tragic mass shootings as well as the daily gun violence that takes the lives of approximately 33,000 Americans each year.

The Sandy Hook massacre affected me deeply. The shooter used a military-style assault weapon with magazines containing up to 30 rounds of ammunition. Realizing that he chose this weapon because he wanted to inflict the most damage in the shortest amount of time, and that he would have tried to kill hundreds of children if he could have, led me to reevaluate how we approach gun violence as a Nation. After careful study, I decided to support legislation to close loopholes in the existing background check system, as well as legislation to institute a federal ban on military-style assault weapons and to restrict high-capacity magazines. I voted in favor of these measures, as well as efforts to close a loophole allowing known and suspected terrorists on the Terrorist Watchlist to purchase firearms, when they came before the Senate for consideration in 2013, 2015 and 2016. None of these measures gained enough support to pass the Senate.

Since Sandy Hook, thousands of Americans have lost their lives to gun violence. We have witnessed some of the deadliest mass shootings in modern U.S. history at Charleston, Orlando, Las Vegas, Sutherland Springs, Parkland, Thousand Oaks, and Santa Fe, Texas. Gun violence recently took a toll on our own Commonwealth. On the morning of Saturday, October 27, 2018, we witnessed the most deadly act of violence against the Jewish community in American history. As congregants of the Tree of Life Synagogue in the Squirrel Hill neighborhood of Pittsburgh were holding Shabbat morning services, including a bris to welcome a newborn child into their community, they became targets of horrific violence because of their religious beliefs. Eleven congregants were taken from their families and six other individuals were wounded, including four police officers who responded to the scene. The suspect was armed with three handguns and one AR-15 assault rifle. My deepest condolences are with the families of the victims, and my prayers are with the survivors, Tree of Life congregants and members of both the Squirrel Hill and Pittsburgh Jewish communities, whose lives were forever changed by a hateful act of terror.

As a public official, I believe my colleagues and I have an obligation to enact commonsense reforms that will keep Americans safe and reduce the likelihood of gun violence incidents. We are a Nation of people who come together, roll up our sleeves and solve difficult problems. We can pass smart measures to reduce gun violence while fully respecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. Please be assured that should the Senate consider legislation affecting firearm regulation, I will have your views in mind.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my website, http://casey.senate.gov. I hope you will find this online office a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,

Bob Casey

United States Senator

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Sen. Bob Casey response

Again, F##k you very much for sharing your thoughts with me.
    About this or any other bu##shit matter.
    I Dont' care
    Bob
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Delaware County)

Pretty much the same lame ass letter he always sends. I guess mine will be coming soon.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

I just got one too- had to refrain from replying with how I really felt.

(Chester County)

Tar and Feathering is too good for these TYRANTS.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Golf View Post
    I just got one too- had to refrain from replying with how I really felt.
    Call him on his shit.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Tar and Feathering is too good for these TYRANTS.
    Is it time yet ?
    --ET

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Is it time yet ?
    The problem with all politicians today is that they do NOT fear the citizenry. There is no accountability as they KNOW they will not be held responsible. They need at the bare minimum TERM LIMITS. They are insulated by distance, and layers, and layers of armed security. They have NO fear. They can act anyway they want, and get away with it.

Politicians are now the ROYALTY in which we rebelled against. They are who the Founders feared, and the useful idiots just keep going along with them.

(Schuylkill County)

His 33,600 deaths includes 21,175 suicides and also police shootings and self defense shootings.

He would have been better off telling you that elections have consequences and he is opposed to your point of view. That he will continue to deceive the public to retain power and will say or do anything he needs to to stay in office.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    The problem with all politicians today is that they do NOT fear the citizenry. There is no accountability as they KNOW they will not be held responsible. They need at the bare minimum TERM LIMITS. They are insulated by distance, and layers, and layers of armed security. They have NO fear. They can act anyway they want, and get away with it.

Politicians are now the ROYALTY in which we rebelled against. They are who the Founders feared, and the useful idiots just keep going along with them.
    How much range does a 7.62 have? Lol

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast