Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Another 'size doesn't matter' post...

Just a quick story regarding another post here. My wife had a friend who worked with her at a Government bldg. OF COURSE, you can't carry inside-to this day, they still look in purses, bags, etc...
    Anywho, at the time they were both working the evening shift, which let out around 1 a.m. This kindly woman left work and started on her drive home. On the way, she noticed as she got closer to home, that the same car seemed to be following her... square-ish lights, with amber fogs underneath. Hadn't changed from behind her at all. AND, she was getting closer and closer to home, which was kinda off in the backroads... some of you know Bear Creek in Luzerne County- it was around that area.
    What she did was drive to a relative's house; she knew he'd be home. Before she even got in the drive, the madman had pulled in behind her- blocking her- and then banged on her window.
    "Had she accidentally cut him off or pissed him off on the road?"
    "Had she maybe been recognized by somebody from her past, or worse yet, actively targeted by a predator?"
    Well, she had a nice little snubbie... took the chance every workday and left it in her car (locked in trunk in a covert-looking fannypack and took it up front with her for her drive home)...since she had to be disarmed going into work.
    This kindly mother immediately brought the pistol up and pointed it at the guy on the other side.
    ~magic trick~ he just disappeared! Poof! Tore out of there like his tail was afire and his ass was acatchin!!
    Okay, maybe I wanted to relate this story JUST so I could use that line- I've always liked it....
    So, what I got from that was-
    ~she didn't let the work situation deter her; she did her best, even though it sucked having to leave the pistol when inside the bldg.
    ~she didn't hesitate; some people might have. Some might honk the horn for help, etc. Who knows if the BG had a gun himself, or was on drugs and was about to punch the window in?
    ~She did show some basic observational skills, at least recognizing she was being followed and I think she did the best thing by NOT going right to her house.... Nutjob would then know where she was and might come back.
    That power to Observe.... don't put that one in your back pocket, keep it right up front!
    Kelt
    Last edited by Kelt; October 11th, 2008 at 10:37 PM. Reason: syntax...

Default Re: Another 'size doesn't matter' post...

Sounds like she did good.

(Pike County)

It's good that she remembered not to go home. Good outcome.

(Lehigh County)

I wish she would have at least found out why he followed her like that before showing him the gun...

Now we'll never know!

/the unexplained drives me crazy.

//oh, yeah, almost forgot... glad it worked out for her like it did.

(Bucks County)

props for her, glad it worked out
    i got shot, you should buy my stuff

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kayland View Post
    I wish she would have at least found out why he followed her like that before showing him the gun...

Now we'll never know!

/the unexplained drives me crazy.

//oh, yeah, almost forgot... glad it worked out for her like it did.
    The mistique of the random confrontation should drive you crazy!You may never know why but you also will never forget. I'm glad it went safely for her,and it was absolutely the right thing not to give away her home location.Some pros.say try to sucker them right to the police after the 911 call to let authorities know.