Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Constitutional Bill Submitted in PA

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    As much as I am opposed to just pissing into the wind I agree. The Dems are shameless in their waste of time and energy pumping out proposed legislation that stands no chance of becoming law and it is past time that we reciprocate in kind and launch an offensive. Hell, why not propose repealing the NFA while we're at it.
    You could move to Arkansas

Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    Because we need to be on the offensive not back on our heals. If it comes to a vote, as much as everyone hates on the D's, we will be veto proof in the house. It's the senate that is the problem. It can happen!
    Sorry, but there is no way we get a veto-proof majority vote in the House on this bill. If you polled republican gun owners on whether we should 'allow' gun purchases and licensing without a background check, I estimate that 25% would say 'no'. In SE PA I bet it is as high as 40%. So, I cant see even a simple majority in the House, never mind a super-majority.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't support the effort to advance it, because we most definitely should. But realistic expectations are important when conducting war.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Sorry, but there is no way we get a veto-proof majority vote in the House on this bill. If you polled republican gun owners on whether we should 'allow' gun purchases and licensing without a background check, I estimate that 25% would say 'no'. In SE PA I bet it is as high as 40%. So, I cant see even a simple majority in the House, never mind a super-majority.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't support the effort to advance it, because we most definitely should. But realistic expectations are important when conducting war.
    Constitutional carry and UBC are two different subjects. You're probably right about background checks. When we get a vote to the floor they overwhelmingly pass. Look back at the votes on castle doctrine and preemption.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    If you polled republican gun owners on whether we should 'allow' gun purchases and licensing without a background check, I estimate that 25% would say 'no'. In SE PA I bet it is as high as 40%.
    I agree - The general failure of our society to promote the founding principles of this country is self-destructive. There was a time when our most important enemies were outside our borders, but that has definitely changed. The remaining populace, who actually believe in our founding principles, must speak up with louder and more active voices to educate the public on the criticality of those principles. If the tide of assaults, on our democratic republic and the freedoms it recognized, cannot be turned back, even more of those who claim-to-be 'conservative' will be promoting more and more restrictions on our freedoms...

Remember that Castle Doctrine was a success when Tom Corbett was governor... At that time, other opportunities were frittered away and he was eventually skewered right here for other perceived failures... IF gun-owners want real change, we should be committing ourselves to NEVER LET THAT HAPPEN AGAIN...!!!

Let's elect a more freedom-loving government in PA - Then the power of lobbying persuasion will be effective in rolling back the burdonsome laws...

(Lancaster County)

Part of getting pro gun representation is getting our bills to the floor and getting votes on the record. We need to hold these people accountable and what better way than to show how they vote?

I haven't looked at the bill, since it can't pass under Wolf; but does it ALLOW an LTCF? Because otherwise, we'll have issues around schools because of Federal law.

We also have some useful bypasses on loans to LTCF holders, which I would like to keep.

Honestly, we're a "shall issue" state. I appreciate the efforts, but would prefer to see it go towards allowing expungements of old 302's, which would fix a 100% bar to many decent people having any gun rights at all. A statutory fix would do it.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Honestly, we're a "shall issue" state. I appreciate the efforts, but would prefer to see it go towards allowing expungements of old 302's, which would fix a 100% bar to many decent people having any gun rights at all. A statutory fix would do it.
    How long and what requirements for the expungements?

Bump! Keep this gravy train on the rails
    ΑΣΦ

An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in general provisions, further providing for definitions; in inchoate crimes, further providing for prohibited offensive weapons; and, in firearms and other dangerous articles, repealing provisions relating to firearms not to be carried without a license, providing for license not required, repealing provisions relating to carrying firearms on public streets or public property in Philadelphia, providing for sportsman's firearm permit, further providing for licenses and repealing provisions relating to proof of license and exception.
    the permit was for future national reciprocity and other "by permit" purposes was my understanding.

this sounds like last year's bill.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Allegheny County)

My rep is Jake Wheatley, unless I can convince him it benefits black weed users he won't care.

Not that he'd show up to vote.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast