Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Democrats are cross listed as Republicans in Tuesday's primary election.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Ditto. This especially hurts us in school board elections, because in my very Conservative area, we get saddled with liberal Democrats on our school board because they lie about their party affiliation by cross-filing. I wish there would be a requirement to only appear on the ballot of the party you belong to.

It's interesting that Libertarian and other third parties cannot participate in primaries due to their non-affiliation with those parties, but yet candidates can cross file as a party they're not affiliated with.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Default Re: Democrats are cross listed as Republicans in Tuesday's primary election.

And as I just talked about, switch their lifelong party affiliation for strategic purposes to win in a certain location.

We're not talking about someone who evolves and changes...I'm talking, they change party FOR a specific election to improve their chances, nothing about their ideology or beliefs changing.

It would be impossible to regulate, but it would be nice to be able to. Sometimes it's obvious to those voters paying attention, but unfortunately it works on those not paying attention.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

It should be a simple fix. Anyone running can only appear on one party's ballot. Just needs to be fixed in legislature, but don't count on them doing anything about it, since they're all a bunch of self serving assholes.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12