Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHHHHHHHH!!!

(Erie County)

Default SHHHHHHHH!!!

After 2 months of paperwork, fingerprinting, photos, driving to the sheriffs office multiple times and much other hassle. A new toy!!! TAC65 Suppressor

Last edited by KeithPA; March 4th, 2007 at 09:21 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: SHHHHHHHH!!!

Awesome! I have the P22 and need one of them mufflers too! Just need to get off my ass and start the process.
    ~Wales

(Philadelphia County)

Shooting lane in the basement??

Congrats! I shot a suppressed weapon for the first time not too long ago, if I had the money I'd get one.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    if I had the money I'd get one.
    It would make plinking so much fun

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    After 2 months of paperwork, fingerprinting, photos, driving to the sheriffs office multiple times and much other hassle. A new toy!!! TAC65 Suppressor

how quiet is it? i have a williams mfg. can, its pretty quiet especially outdoors. still waiting for my gemtech halo for my ar. im looking to get another can for my .22 any suggestions? after putting out 850.00 for the .223 can (tax included) im not looking foward to spending another 850.00 if you know of any under 850.00 that are good let me know.

(Erie County)

Mine was $230ish plus $50 for the dissassembly wrenches then the $200 tax.

They are quite highly rated. If you check out AR15.com they are talk alot about them and they are quite well regarded. The 65 is T6, the 67 (no longer in production) is SS. Some people may prefer SS but in reality I don't think it really will matter. T6 is pretty damn strong and wears very little, there's a reason why its used in airplanes.

With CCI Longs (710 fps rated) it is pratically silent, but won't cycle. I tested Remington Cyclones, regular Federal, Remington Peters, CCI Mini mags, Winchester Wildcats. All are rated in the 1250ish fps. Ballistics are out of a rifle though. All do roughly 900fps out my P22 and are quite silent. About paintball gun noise, little higher. I plan I get a box of Aguila Subsonics. They are rated at 810 fps and I'm hoping they will cycle. Maybe even some Aguila Super Colibri. They do 500 fps out of a P22 and hopefully would be strong enough to cycle.

Most 22 suppressor are quite well rated in general. I don't know shit about harmonics, but people have posted that the TAC65 design might be the best. They have K baffles, have no idea what that means or what they do, but people always mention it saying they are the best design.
    Last edited by KeithPA; March 4th, 2007 at 11:26 PM.

(Bucks County)

That's awesome. Must get some looks at the range

Friggin sweet, I was looking at the same setup. Man I'm hate'n right now!

(Montgomery County)

there are a LOT of good 22 Suppressors out right now.
    It al depends what ya want them for.

I have a 223 can for my ARs and 700 LTR, and a 22 can I use on my 22lr rifles and pistols
    my can is a stainless steel Bowers CAC22, that is rated for full auto use.

Bowers also makes a 22 can called a Paradigm thats aluminum, and is not FA rated.

Tactical Innovations makes the TAC series, like above, thats Craig Wheatley, and hes got good stuff going on, and cheap!
    the K baffle has a K shaped cross section when cut, and is specifically made to guide the gassess in a specific direction to increase the cooling
    they show a pic at Craigs site:
    http://www.tacticalinc.com/quest-sta...sor-p-552.html

Another great can is the Gemtech Outback II, AAC makes great 22 cans...
    it just all depends what you want to do with it.

non FA rated is usually quieter, as the baffles are set to a tighter tolerance.

Also, the TAC can you have should be WET rated.

WET cans means you can use a sacrifical abalative media in the blast chamber of the can to help quiet the report even further, as the ablative media helps cool the gasses more rapidly.

if you want to be amazed at a difference, spritz some CLP into the thread end, and try it.
    its smokey, but should cut the sound down significantly!

also, you can probably stop experimenting with the Subsonic loads in that gun, there is no need.
    the 3.X" barrel of the P22 you have reduces even most Hi-veocity (not hyper velocity) ammo to a subsonic level.
    all you get playing with subsonics is further reduced velocity, and cycling problems.

just try standard Federal bulk pack like sold at walmart, it will work fine.
    you pretty much only need subsoncs out of 6" plus barrels.

now, go get a 22 rifle to put it on, and see what a suppressed rifle sounds like too:-)
    Last edited by JayBell; March 8th, 2007 at 01:07 AM.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    Mine was $230ish plus $50 for the dissassembly wrenches then the $200 tax.

They are quite highly rated. If you check out AR15.com they are talk alot about them and they are quite well regarded. The 65 is T6, the 67 (no longer in production) is SS. Some people may prefer SS but in reality I don't think it really will matter. T6 is pretty damn strong and wears very little, there's a reason why its used in airplanes.

With CCI Longs (710 fps rated) it is pratically silent, but won't cycle. I tested Remington Cyclones, regular Federal, Remington Peters, CCI Mini mags, Winchester Wildcats. All are rated in the 1250ish fps. Ballistics are out of a rifle though. All do roughly 900fps out my P22 and are quite silent. About paintball gun noise, little higher. I plan I get a box of Aguila Subsonics. They are rated at 810 fps and I'm hoping they will cycle. Maybe even some Aguila Super Colibri. They do 500 fps out of a P22 and hopefully would be strong enough to cycle.

Most 22 suppressor are quite well rated in general. I don't know shit about harmonics, but people have posted that the TAC65 design might be the best. They have K baffles, have no idea what that means or what they do, but people always mention it saying they are the best design.
    mine wont cycle after a clip is fed through it. .22s are dirty. a 22lr will be just as quiet as subsonic as long as your not shooting next to a tree or anyother object. (super sonic crack)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast