Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2 or more handguns, or more than 2 handguns?

A while back my ffl who has since required mentioned that he had to inform local police if someone purchased a certain amount of handguns in a 2 week period. Not for inspection or anything, just let them know in the event that there was new handgun related crime or something like that. But no such restriction on long guns.

I can't remember if he said more than 2 handguns(3+), or 2 or more handguns(2+). Is there any basis to this? If so, which is it?

Asking for a friend.

Default Re: 2 or more handguns, or more than 2 handguns?

I'd find a new FFL.

(Bradford County)

I remember a friend who had two new handguns shipped to a local cranky old ffl who has since passed, and the old dude threw a fit because he didn't want to do a "multiple" whatever that means. Told my friend to pick up one that day and leave the other one there in the safe for a week. I have no idea wtf all that means.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Franklin County)

The ATF requires the reporting the sale of "2 or more" pistols/revolvers to the same person within a 5 day period. This applies to each dealer individually. Buying one every day, each from a different dealer, would not trigger the requirement.

Under NO circumstances should a dealer be reporting details of their business transactions to LE agencies, unless compelled to do so by law (no such laws in PA). The ATF may or may not automatically provide this info (ATF Form 3310.4) to designated CLEOs.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

I remember REA Express stopping out front of the house and I ran out and got the pistol my father was having delivered when I was about 6 years old. That is all.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    The ATF requires the reporting the sale of "2 or more" pistols/revolvers to the same person within a 5 day period. This applies to each dealer individually. Buying one every day, each from a different dealer, would not trigger the requirement.
    That sounds like what he was saying. It's been a while. Do you have any idea why that is? Isn't the PICS check already going through the ATF?

(Northampton County)

Pa pics system does not notify atf on multiples sales, PA Pics is independent of the feds. Yes dealer is required to submit the multiple handguns sales form on more than 3 or more handguns bought with in 5 days. That's a required function of the ffl license holder to fax that form in the the ATF.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    Do you have any idea why that is? Isn't the PICS check already going through the ATF?
    Simple. The tyrants want a short list of subjects who need to have their dogs shot first.

FFLs in states on the southern border also have to report multiple rifle sales within a 5 day period.

None of their business.
    I am not a lawyer.

(Delaware County)

An FFL is required to report the sale of TWO (or more) handguns made in 5 consecutive Business days to ATF on a form 3310.4. This must be done by the end of business the day the second gun is transferred. ALSO the FFL must send a copy of the form to the State Police or the local police where the sale occurred. That is FED law.

Bob D

The above is a requirement of the 1968 GCA. And as "Buckengr" reports below, since 2011 AZ, CA, NM and TX must do do for most rifles, ie Assault Rifles.
    Last edited by bug; February 27th, 2022 at 07:03 PM. Reason: New Info

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I remember REA Express stopping out front of the house and I ran out and got the pistol my father was having delivered when I was about 6 years old. That is all.
    You forgot the preceding line:
    A long long long long long time ago, in a universe far, far, far, far, far away...

Last edited by ImminentDanger; February 27th, 2022 at 01:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast