Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Beware dealing with www.lockedloaded.com

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Palmetto State Armory: I done dozens of transactions with them over the last 5 years, several for guns, several for ammo, and several for magazines as well as other odds and ends. They use to be slow, but have improved speed wise. They have good prices and a good company philosophy. They have been my most used company over the last 4 years. I have never had a negative experience with them.

Buds guns: I have not ordered from here in a couple of years, but always had a good experience with them.

Grab a gun: I have not ordered from here in a couple of years, but looking back through my email history I ordered a few guns with no problems.

Kentucky gun company: Same as above.

Gunmagwarehouse:

Sgammo.com: I’ve gotten a lot of ammo from this place. A couple of years ago I bought some Golden Tiger Ammo for a couple of hundred dollars. A lot of people were having problems with the ammo including myself. The ammo was bad. They bought back the ammo from every person who was having problems with it. Normally a company does not take back ammo, but they would rather have a good name and happy customers. Seriously, I would have understood if they had said “sorry, we can’t take ammo back” because so many places have rules against doing so. It wasn’t until I saw the announcement that they were getting a lot of complaints about the ammo, had done their own tests and would buy back the ammo that it even occurred to me. That experience said a lot about them to me. I liked them before that and already used them a lot. Their handling of that ammo gained a lot of respect from me and showed me that they were willing to go above and beyond as a company and that they care about their reputation.

The above are off the top of my head. They are companies that I have had multiple transactions with. Of the ones above the two that I feel most comfortable with are Palmetto and sgammo. My main go to company over the last few years is Palmetto State Armory. They have been the main company I have dealt with since about 2015. Looking at my email history my use of other companies has dropped off since then because I like Palmetto so much. There have been a lot more online companies that I found a really good price for something and had a good transaction with, but it was only one or two times.
    I've used Gunmagwarehouse in the past, but just recently needed to return an item and it was a major pain. They're go-to excuse was the California magazine legal issue. I suggested that at least one of their staff should be focusing on non-CA CS issues. After raising hell on FB and getting kicked to an Ops manager, I got the RMA that I needed. Then, a few days later, "regular" customer service responded to the ticket in the system, except their response had zero relevance to the subject of the actual inquiry.

To be clear, I did not received a defective product, but rather found a better solution and wanted to return an item still new and unopened. THEIR policy locked me into a fixed amount of time to make a return. "We're busier than usual and don't know when we can serve you" is an unacceptable answer. They were previously at the top of my list. Now, they're at the bottom.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

I also use Sportsman Guide a lot. Not a lot of deals, but when I do come across one, I like their 4 pay option. I had a problem with them back in 2012 right after Sandy Hook, but many positive transactions since then.

I ordered an optic though them 3 weeks ago, left an email, no response, I will leave them a voicemail tomorrow asking for a refund. If I don't hear by Friday, I'll just call my credit card company and file for a chargeback. No point in dealing with deadbeat sellers who can't hack it. You guys should do the same. Once their card processor drops them, it'll be lights out.

(Delaware County)

I bought my new Sig X-Compact from LockedLoaded about 2 weeks ago. I ended up requesting a quote and got a price much lower than anyone else, that I could find. There wasn't much communication, but I did eventually (a week later) get a tracking number and it showed up at my FFL. My FFL said that they don't even stock the items and just drop ship everything from distributors or other re-sellers. He could see on my XCompact that it even shipped from a different shop/distributor and not from them. I usually use their pricing quotes to get OpticsPlanet to do a price match, since I think they (Optics Planet) are a little better than LockedLoaded.com and actually stock the items.

On top of all the other issues, when people do finally get sick of no communication, lies, long waits, disappearing orders, etc., and request a refund, the "company" tells them "not without a 15% restocking fee" for an item that still hasn't shipped. Talk about trying to stab you in the back on your way out the door. I'm shocked by all the reviewers on Yelp who are putting up with that. "I asked the manager if he would waive the restocking fee, but he said 'no'". The heck with that. I'd have told him "good luck collecting it!, then filed a dispute with my CC company. I'm surprised how few people know they can do this.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Beware www.lockedloaded.com located in Illinois. I ordered a Springfield Alpha from them on 4/10 at a good price. I even posted it in the deals thread. I filled out my information including my credit card info (I am worried now that I gave them that info) and ffl information. I got an email back from customer support with an order #. All seemed well.

I did not hear anything after that. My wife gave them a few calls and basically after 2 days they said that they could not find the order and that I could order the gun again at a higher price. They said it did not matter that I had the order # and confirmation, there was nothing they could do.

Over the last couple of days I did what I should of done before ordering the gun, checked reviews on them. I found a lot of recent negative reviews about the company from Google Reviews and Yelp which I linked below. It seems like my experience is not that uncommon with them.

I have done business with a lot of on-line firearm companies over the years. This is the first one bad enough that I felt it worthwhile to warn others away.

In the end I am not out any money, (although I gave them my credit card information which in light of my experience with them is worrisome to me), but based on my experience and the experience of others I want to give people a heads up that this is not a good company to do business with. You may very well be wasting your time if you do business with them as I tried to do.

Yelp review: https://www.yelp.com/biz/locked-and-loaded-pana

Google review, you have to click on the review tab to see the reviews.
    https://www.google.com/search?client...20IL%252062557
    Last edited by Gunlawyer001/Moderator; May 15th, 2020 at 05:49 AM. Reason: shilling

Last edited by Gunlawyer001/Moderator; May 15th, 2020 at 05:49 AM. Reason: shilling

(Mifflin County)

I ordered a revolver from them in early March , week or so ahead of the virus escalation. This was a limited run type gun , so not available just anywhere . To start with I couldn't get the web order to go through . I called cust. service the next day, The woman said she would take my order on the fone since I was having issues. I was told 3 to 5 days it will ship . , and would get tracking and info via email . It took over 5 weeks to ship . I am happy to get the gun , but I don't see me using them in the future . If you have to BS me to sell me something not going to win me as a loyal customer .

Some other e-businesses I have used with great results:

Midway USA
    Primary Arms
    Europtics/Scopelist (Pennsylvania business(s) and very very good in price, availability and customer service).
    Outlaw Holsters in Florida
    Natchez Shooters Supplies
    TargetSportsUSA
    Precision Reloading
    Midsouth Shooting Supply

I also concur with SGAmmo and Palmetto State Armory mentioned earlier. Two very good companies! There are many online gun businesses but what I mentioned are the ONLY ones that I have never had an issue with in multiple transactions over many years.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

Very recently I ordered Glock 19 gen 5 with them(lockedloaded).

90% of other places were out of stock, and even if some places had one, their listing price was $750 +. That much for regular stock G19?? I would say that's ridiculous even with all the ordeals that is going on. Looked around local for private sales as well but locals want $800 for their used gen 4 g19.....DISGUSTING, but I digress.
    lockedloaded had them at reasonable price so I placed an order. I was aware of some of negative reviews they had but I was just thinking 'worst case of scenario, I can just call my card company.'

On their website, they state shipping lead time can be up to 14days, but mine got shipped out 3rd day of ordering and pistol arrived at my ffl on 5th day. ( They never sent me a shipping notification email as they promised though, but don't matter ) This was just last week.

My experience with them was very pleasant.

Maybe I was lucky this time? IDK and won't know until I order more from them.

Therefore I would order from them again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast