Recently I've seen what looks like a version 3 of the CX4 for sale on GB. Wondering if any other CX4 owners know anything (nothing on the net I could find). First version has a smooth area above the trigger, in front of the safety. Version 2 has "wings" above the trigger, on both sides. They are rounded tabs that keep your fingers sorta away from the safety button. This "version 3" I saw has a much larger molded raised area surrounding the safety button on both sides of the rifle. You would need to deliberately push the safety, avoiding the raised areas, with this new variant.

I know that either India or Pakistan bought a large number of MX4 carbines (the select fire models with short barrels), and maybe this is a product improvement based on feedback from users in those countries? On the MX4 you push the safety all the way to one side and it is the full auto mode (safe-semi-full positions). Maybe they had issues with the rifle banging around and being knocked into full auto by accident, thus a new molded-in guard around the safety/selector?

Sorta odd to see such a possible new version already on the civilian market, used at that. Anyone else know anything about this version?