Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: PICS denial question

Quote Originally Posted by RobM1974 View Post
    LOL. Just got the denial for the LTCF in the mail from the sheriff. Denied for undisclosed reasons. Gave me another challenge form. But since I already have a PICS challenge in progress doesn’t make much sense to send another one in. Right?
    It's time for you to have a chat with a lawyer toot sweet, if they get the notion that you lied on your forms you could be in hot water. And the two are two different issues so if you're not prohibited you possibly won't be able to file for your LTCF again for another year.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lehigh County)

How so? 100% told the truth on the initial application for the gun purchase and said the same thing on the LTCF. I welcome them to call and chat with me as my answers were exactly the same. Plus my 235 approval proves that I’m not prohibited. In fact the letter states that they can’t do anything about this until the PSP issues a reversal. I’m gonna send in this challenge too as it’s a separate reason (purchase vs. carry) and they can’t reverse it without. Once they see my LEO background and the full facts I’m pretty sure it’ll get cleared up. I’m not gonna lawyer up as I know that they have to have some sort of probable cause to think I’d be prohibited first. Once they investigate and see that I’ve been forthright from the beginning.

(Berks County)

How so? 100% told the truth on the initial application for the gun purchase and said the same thing on the LTCF. I welcome them to call and chat with me as my answers were exactly the same. Plus my 235 approval proves that I’m not prohibited. In fact the letter states that they can’t do anything about this until the PSP issues a reversal. I’m gonna send in this challenge too as it’s a separate reason (purchase vs. carry) and they can’t reverse it without. Once they see my LEO background and the full facts I’m pretty sure it’ll get cleared up. I’m not gonna lawyer up as I know that they have to have some sort of probable cause to think I’d be prohibited first. Once they investigate and see that I’ve been forthright from the beginning.
    Sounds good, I hope there's not something to snag you and hope you get it cleared up quickly. Please do post your updates.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

..... Once they investigate and see that I’ve been forthright from the beginning.
    Years ago I went through something similar the first time I applied for my PA non-res LTCF. I was denied by PICS due to an incomplete digital record.

Years ago, as paper records of court proceedings were digitized, they mainly entered records of charges with convictions. In that way people with no convictions could purchase firearms and get their LTCF. However, as time went on, States started digitizing the incomplete record stubs that had no documented resolution. Unfortunately, anyone caught in an "arrest them all and let the judge sort it out" scenario, where they are soon released because nothing is found to charge them with, now have a problem because nothing was documented.

I had to contact the court systems in the State I previously lived in to have them do an official records search and send me an official letter documenting the result of the search. Copies of these letters were forwarded to PICS in order to get this issue from the mid 1960s resolved and I soon had my LTCF.

PICS does none of the research, it's all up to you. Best Wishes to getting this sorted out... you are not the first! lol
    IANAL. I don't give legal advice. I'm only stating my OPINION.
    (Did I really need to say that on an Internet forum? LOL)

(Bucks County)

Think about the purpose of all this shit. To keep guns out of the hands of bad people.

If a person is on record as having purchased or being in possession of a firearm, and attempts at additional purchases and licensing is denied,

How come they don't come for the gun already possessed???
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Delaware County)

it’s just crazy that the PICS folks don’t have a record of my 235 clearance
    The databases used for PICS and NICS are generally compendiums of prohibitions, not lists of atta-boys.

Nature of the beast.

(Lehigh County)

They have to investigate. Otherwise what’s the purpose of the challenge form? I even included on the form the locations of the charges and dispositions. Heck I even have a copy of the court docket that shows that they declined the charges. It got digitized as I ended up needing a extra copy and it even said it on the paperwork. So, I’m ready for that if that turns out to be the issue they have a problem with.

(Lehigh County)

Oh absolutely. It’s just a crazy situation. Lol!!

(Allegheny County)

Did you provide your SS number for the PICS check? It comes in handy when you could be confused for some bad guy in the system.
    Toujours prêt

(Bucks County)

My money is on missing disposition. On the other hand, it could be random luck of which PSP employee drawn. Example....ever call a customer service type who is useless, hung up, dialed again and got a perfect solution?

Definitely agree on SS.

Sure hope it works out and quickly!
    Last edited by Bang; April 10th, 2019 at 12:28 PM.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast