Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Finally tried that drum mag I bought for the WASR AK

Thought I was going to report on how the spring held up as I had this drum fully loaded and stored for probably well over 7 years.

Went to the 200 yard range today and checked the $29 red dot for zero on the 50 yard berm. Agreed with the iron sights. I banged the 10" x 12" gong at 200 yards with it maybe averaging 2 out of 5 times, five in a row at one try.

The drum holds 75 rounds. At round number 7, I had a failed to chamber. Plucked it out, failed to pick up the next round. Oboy. Chinese gotcha.

Then wondered why the next round was below the lips with no tension. Well, duh....the drum needed winding. Apparently I had loaded it with out winding it figuring I'd give the spring a break. Wound it up completely and fired off all remaining without incident.

As I wound the Chinese Gotcha, I noticed Made in Romania on the wind key. Perfect. The rifle is Romanian too. Probably why I bought the drum, in a time and place outside of my memory.

Really happy that the cheap red dot holds zero. It sits astride a riser which allows aiming with the iron sights, which I also used to clang the gongs. Friend shooting near me has now taken an interest in obtaining an AKM. He could see how much fun can be had.
    Last edited by Bang; April 16th, 2019 at 10:48 PM.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.