Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Delco Wawa shooting, ar-15 suspected

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown 1087 View Post
    The Pfa expired. There was not one, which means he could get a fire arm legally, which he did. The failure is the judicial system because people honestly hold it back because “muh freedoms”. This guy should have been blocked from legally obtaining a firearm when the order expired. He was known to be violent or off the wall. Being this close to philly, this is and will be a black eye for legal gun owners.

A “technical” legal person obtained the firearm legally when he literally shouldn’t have been able to. But everyone is afraid the govt will come invade their ass in the middle of the night.

Shit like that can be abused. Which is why it should be done after they review it and find it to be credible. Which it pull have been in this case.
    Again, horseshit.
    The murderer made multiple terroristic threats against the victim that the court was aware of.
    The murderer performed multiple acts of violence against the victim which the court was aware of.
    The court already had cause to take further legal action against the murderer, including locking him up, and the court did nothing.
    Now an innocent woman is dead, and you are using her murder to promote arbitrary gun confiscation.
    -
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Again, horseshit.
    The murderer made multiple terroristic threats against the victim that the court was aware of.
    The murderer performed multiple acts of violence against the victim which the court was aware of.
    The court already had cause to take further legal action against the murderer, including locking him up, and the court did nothing.
    Now an innocent woman is dead, and you are using her murder to promote arbitrary gun confiscation.
    -
    Nah, that’s horseshit. You and I both know the state is limited. What grounds do they have to stop him from purchasing a firearm legally if he was never charged with it to begin with? None. You need a charge to be a prohibited Person. I hated the ideas of the so called red flag laws, but in some cases if used correctly may stop them from “legally” obtaining firearms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Montgomery County)

Nah, that’s horseshit. You and I both know the state is limited. What grounds do they have to stop him from purchasing a firearm legally if he was never charged with it to begin with? None. You need a charge to be a prohibited Person. I hated the ideas of the so called red flag laws, but in some cases if used correctly may stop them from “legally” obtaining firearms.
    Don't tell me what I know.
    Terroristic threats and acts of violence are enough to charge a person with a crime and put them on probation or lock them up.
    If the courts had done their job the murderer would have been prohibited from owning a gun.
    -

(Lancaster County)

Terroristic threats and acts of violence are enough to charge a person with a crime and put them on probation or lock them up.
    If the courts had done their job the murderer would have been prohibited from owning a gun.
    -
    Exactly. Again. The court/justice system has failed her.

She should have been able to report his ass and got him on a list. It’s as simple as that. It’s going to happen eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Delaware County)

-
    Terroristic threats is ,indeed, enough to charge.
    This is the courts fault.
    "We don't have the manpower to pursue every case", but they seem to have the manpower to Pursue every "red Flag" case.
    "He who is Brave, is Free" Seneca
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Maybe for the news who sensationalizes everything.

But if I was responding to this event or looking for this guy, it is very relevant.
    You get your information about a call from the news?! That’s shitty. Your department needs a dispatcher or two and some radios. Watching TV while driving has to be a distraction.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Montgomery County)

Exactly. Again. The court/justice system has failed her.

She should have been able to report his ass and got him on a list. It’s as simple as that. It’s going to happen eventually.
    Your statement is illogical.
    You say the court failed her, and that she "should have been able to report his ass and got him on a list".
    She did report his ass and got him on a list, just not the "red flag" list you are advocating.
    The list she did report him to had the complete authority to take action and failed to do so.
    -

(Montgomery County)

Gotta love the libtards and anyone else that screams the government is failing them so they demand more government
    Hahaha

Red flag laws look good in theory, the way perpetual motion does.

In practice, it will be like PFA's and restraining orders. Judges and other parties face no penalty for improperly asking for them or granting them, but if a judge denies a request for a PFA and the woman is killed, that judge will be crucified by the media. Doesn't matter that no PFA has been proven to have saved a single life, and hundreds if not thousands of women have been killed despite active PFA's or restraining orders in America. Some batterer shoves a butcher knife through his ex's heart because she has the audacity to be happy without him, who really cares that he didn't shoot her dead when he stabbed her dead?

The real problem is the 90% or so of mostly-men deprived of enumerated rights, based on no real due process.

What happens when all the incentives push one way? You get too many PFA's, and you'll get too many gun seizures.

If I tell you that nothing bad will happen to you if you push Button A, and you might be electrocuted if you push Button B, which button are you going to push? And just how much will you care about the civil rights of Button A as you slam that thing down every damn time?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

PFAs are too easily granted to begin with. If you ever look at the paperwork for a temporary PFA, the whole thing is basically issued due to hearsay from the person filing it.

The best advice I can give any young man is don’t stick your dick in crazy.

*Note: I’m not saying all PFAs are bull shit, just that they are granted too easily.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast