Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield 911

Default Springfield 911

Anyone know anything about or own a Springfield 911. Seems like a sig p238 knock off. I’m thinking about the .380. I’ve seen them going for $299 and am thinking about grabbing one the next time I see one at that price. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Troll
    Last edited by internet troll; March 28th, 2019 at 08:40 PM.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Springfield 911

I actually just ordered one . . . once I get it and run some rounds through it I'll report back. I was a little hesitant to pull the trigger with there being a few reports out there of feeding and sear spring issues, but I was really impressed both times I handled one. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Anyone know anything about or own a Springfield 911. Seems like a sig p238 knock off. I’m thinking about the .380. I’ve seen them going for $299 and am thinking about grabbing one the next time I see one at that price. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Troll

(Lancaster County)

Yep. Definitely a 238/938/Colt Mustang knockoff. I don't think it's been out long enough to know long-term reliability, but there have been only a few issues thus far. I believe the 238 had a few too when it was first introduced by Sig a few years back. I handled a 911 right after they came out and it felt just like the 238 and 938 pair I stupidly sold a few years ago. I want to again get a 238 and 938, but the 911's have me really looking at them too. I think it's going to come down to who put better durability into the guns and who offers the better customer service.

(Bucks County)

I would wait at least a year before thinking about a newly introduced pistol. Let other guys work the bugs out.

Not sure how Springfield plans to compete against the Sig 238 since the MSRP seems the same. Does it also have tritium sights? Sig worked out their bugs on their mini 1911s and it is now a fine pistol. I have a 938, put about 1000 rounds thru it and it always goes bang. My only complaint is the trigger pull is heavy (but crisp).

Quote Originally Posted by BionicMan View Post
    I actually just ordered one . . . once I get it and run some rounds through it I'll report back. I was a little hesitant to pull the trigger with there being a few reports out there of feeding and sear spring issues, but I was really impressed both times I handled one. I guess we'll see how it goes.
    Looking forward to your thoughts on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ethangsmith View Post
    Yep. Definitely a 238/938/Colt Mustang knockoff. I don't think it's been out long enough to know long-term reliability, but there have been only a few issues thus far. I believe the 238 had a few too when it was first introduced by Sig a few years back. I handled a 911 right after they came out and it felt just like the 238 and 938 pair I stupidly sold a few years ago. I want to again get a 238 and 938, but the 911's have me really looking at them too. I think it's going to come down to who put better durability into the guns and who offers the better customer service.
    I had a 938 which I thought was a great gun except I’m left handed and often hit the mag release so I sold it. If the mag release is not a problem it will be very tempting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I would wait at least a year before thinking about a newly introduced pistol. Let other guys work the bugs out.

Not sure how Springfield plans to compete against the Sig 238 since the MSRP seems the same. Does it also have tritium sights? Sig worked out their bugs on their mini 1911s and it is now a fine pistol. I have a 938, put about 1000 rounds thru it and it always goes bang. My only complaint is the trigger pull is heavy (but crisp).
    I had a 938 and thought it was a great gun except I am a lefty and would sometimes hit the mag release.

Lock and loaded had them for $299 when I originally posted this but now they are up to 340 or so. Lot’s of places have the 911’s for 330-350 which is a good bit cheaper than the sigs. It’s been out for a year so I am hoping that the kinks are worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

I had a 938 which I thought was a great gun except I’m left handed and often hit the mag release so I sold it. If the mag release is not a problem it will be very tempting.

I had a 938 and thought it was a great gun except I am a lefty and would sometimes hit the mag release.

Lock and loaded had them for $299 when I originally posted this but now they are up to 340 or so. Lot’s of places have the 911’s for 330-350 which is a good bit cheaper than the sigs. It’s been out for a year so I am hoping that the kinks are worked out.
    Weird. I'm left handed and I carry a P938 on a regular basis and never had a problem with hitting the mag release prematurely. My only gripe with the P938 is the right side safety lever is loose. Sig says that's normal and the gun will continue to function even with some play in the safety lever. They'll fix it, but it will loosen again over time.

I've shot the P238 and it's an accurate little shooter. But I bought the P938 because, well, 9mm. I've held the 911 and dry fired it at my lgs, and I think the trigger is a lot nicer on the 911 than the P238. I also like the safety on the 911 better, though it will probably loosen over time too, unless Springfield figured out a way to fix it permanently. The frame on both guns is virtually identical. Nearly everything is interchangeable. Even the mags. $300 is a really good price for the 911, though.

(Montgomery County)

Theres a 9mm 911 as well just released

(Northampton County)

I picked it up yesterday and initial impressions are good. I got the PG9109S model and it's one handsome little pistol. I'm hoping to get out this weekend and run a few hundred mixed rounds through it. So far the only things I found a little annoying are how hard it is to cock the hammer back and that the feeling of the safety changes between the gun being cocked and uncocked. With the gun uncocked, the safety is extremely crisp and positive. With the gun cocked, the safety becomes a bit mushy. That said, I'm really nitpicking here. The hammer pull isn't THAT hard and the safety is by no means bad. The biggest positive to jump out at me were those sights, this is the first pistol that I'm going to keep the factory sights on. Range review to come . . .

I picked it up yesterday and initial impressions are good. I got the PG9109S model and it's one handsome little pistol. I'm hoping to get out this weekend and run a few hundred mixed rounds through it. So far the only things I found a little annoying are how hard it is to cock the hammer back and that the feeling of the safety changes between the gun being cocked and uncocked. With the gun uncocked, the safety is extremely crisp and positive. With the gun cocked, the safety becomes a bit mushy. That said, I'm really nitpicking here. The hammer pull isn't THAT hard and the safety is by no means bad. The biggest positive to jump out at me were those sights, this is the first pistol that I'm going to keep the factory sights on. Range review to come . . .
    Congrats on the new 911. Any particular reason you need to manually cock the hammer back? The hammer is heavy on my P938, but it's a single action, so I just rack the slide.

nice, I went with their bare bones model. I ordered the 911 Alpha last night for $272 delivered. Can't wait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast