I was wondering if anyone had much experience in changing out recoil springs in their firearms or XD's. I shoot an XD-45 Tactical in .45 ACP and was just curious about how well they worked as far as reducing recoil for follow up shots. I'm not really recoil sensitive but if that helps me put the second shot on the paper faster and more accurately, I'm game.

I'm more interested in it for the .40 S&W, since a young lady I know would like a softer shooting pistol because of weaker wrists, and that is the gun I think she'll probably end up going with. I've heard that the factory spring is around an #18, and was considering a #22 or #24 for her. I was curious to see if anybody had any cycling problems with the #24 spring using standard loads. I've also heard that a heavier recoil spring makes the slide harder to rack back, so although it might reduce the recoil, I was wondering if the gun was pretty hard to initially cock with a #24 spring. Anyone with some experience in the matter is much appreciated. Also if anybody knows much about guide rods, I'd be more than happy to hear about that to. Thank ya.