Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Winner, winner, chicken dinner at the FOAC Gun Bash Yesterday

Went to the FOAC gun bash yesterday.

For those that don't know, we are a PAC that fights the stupid, illegal gun laws that anti 2A politicians try to force down our throats here in PA.

Lots of guns are given away (Grand Prize was a FN SCAR 17S (.308) in FDE), lots of great food, beer, soda water, desserts. We (FOAC) give away a gun (free) to a veteran and a LEO (past or present, they get a free ticket). Those guns are the Henry .22 Tribute models (absolutely beautiful rifles).

Well to raise money there are side raffles and special packages raffled off. I got into one of the specials ($10 per ticket, I bought 2). It was the St. Patricks Irish special. The guns (and such) are guns that are still legal in Ireland. By golly, I won. Here's what I won:

Cold Steel Blackthorn Shillelagh (nice walking stick/self defense implement)
    SIG MPX CO2 Rifle (.177) and it comes with a mini red dot (I think the grandson and I will have fun this summer)
    SIG M17 CO2 Pistol (.177)
    Remington 870 Express, 28" vent rib multi-choke 12ga
    Ruger Bearcat .22LR, 4.2" bbl, blue, Adjustable sights (Lipsey's Exclusive Model 0916)
    A Pot O' Gold (nice decorative holder the wife will use with gold wrapped chocolate money, gold wrapped Hershey Kisses and Rollo's)

Oh, and a fifth of Jamesons Triple Distilled Irish Whiskey

Retail prices for what I won was about $1300.00

Not a bad night, had lots of fun, spent some money to help a good cause, and came out way ahead of what we spent, even with the cost of the ticket to get in ($50 each for the wife and I).

Now hopefully the luck will still be with me for next Saturday night, the first of a couple Friends of NRA banquets that we go to

FYI, the next FOAC Gun Bash will be Oct 12, 2019 and I will be getting tickets to sell. If you are interested let me know so I can tell them how many to send me (they normally send me 20 and they go pretty fast so if you're interested let me know so I can tell them I need more than that.) If you have any questions post or PM me and I can tell you all about it. It's at the Washington Co. fairgrounds and takes about 3 hours to get there from State College. It is over at 6pm, so you can do it and be home at a reasonable time.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Winner, winner, chicken dinner at the FOAC Gun Bash Yesterday

Congratulations! Nice haul. That’s a fun bash and usually good food. I didn’t go yesterday but won my LC9s there a couple years ago.

Lucky you!

That's a fine walking stick!

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lehigh County)

Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

Sounds like a good night to me!!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member