Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thumbs down Speechless with Disgust!

So I was on silencertalk (aac Talk) last night reading a post where someone wanted suggestions whether to get an swr warlock or swr spectre. Both are excellent cans, however the spectre is the clear choice, its newer, its serviceable (not sealed) its full auto rated, its a multi-caliber platform and is altogether a much better bang for your buck. So naturally all the consumers directed the OP with great enthusiasm to get a spectre. That should have been the end of it. Instead, rsilvers@silencertalk.com (the site admin and employee of aac) commands the OP to unequivocally buy the warlock. I'm a fan of swr to begin with so I like all their products but the point is the spectre is the supreme, technologically progressive choice between those two cans.

Next thing you know two or three different posters started ambiguously asking aloud "why would silvers (self proclaimed silencer god) counsel the individual to purchase the inferior product?" Then as if by divine world wrestling entertainment intervention, the other aac bully "kevin" is tagged by silvers and he crawls into the ring in a shameful attempt to try and save face to the consumer's for an obviously intentional point of misdirection. Him and silvers stumble around groping in the dark for some sorry claim that the spectre is a few ozs. heavier and thus far too heavy and unwieldy for the average operator. We couldn't believe what we were witnessing from "industry professionals". So the individual(s) that brought the original observation to the thread's attention were quickly and quietly banned from the forum. Professionalism at its finest.

It was absolutely disgusting. Never have I witnessed such a disturbing display of out and out childishness. All of a sudden that HTG is looking better and better for so many reasons beyond its effectiveness... So for those of you interested in your next can purchase, consider taking your patronage to anyone OTHER than the wal-mart of can companies - aac.
    "Apparent consent" is a great example of legal precedent that irrationally circumvents the 4th Amendment. This policy encourages sloppy police work by assuring officers that their mistakes will inevitably be forgiven in court. The idea that police can render their own actions legal simply by genuinely believing them to be is incompatible with the general legal principle that ignorance is not an excuse for error.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Speechless with Disgust!

It's common on forums to have those-with-the-power-who-can delete posts and/or outright ban members who show them up, regardless of whether the bruise to the ego was done intentionally or unintentionally.

One would hope moderators (and men in general) would be more mature.

The self is a wily elf.
    Last edited by Robert Kayland; October 9th, 2008 at 02:30 PM.

You are absolutely right. A profound consideration is the forums representation of the real world / government. As we see now with the economy and the ceo hustler's abusing their power with no accountability. It's a strange reflection of life and its struggles indeed.
    "Apparent consent" is a great example of legal precedent that irrationally circumvents the 4th Amendment. This policy encourages sloppy police work by assuring officers that their mistakes will inevitably be forgiven in court. The idea that police can render their own actions legal simply by genuinely believing them to be is incompatible with the general legal principle that ignorance is not an excuse for error.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSmalls View Post
    You are absolutely right. A profound consideration is the forums representation of the real world / government. As we see now with the economy and the ceo hustler's abusing their power with no accountability. It's a strange reflection of life and its struggles indeed.
    I hate to admit it, but after these past few years on the internet on various forums, ranging from hobbies to "just plain fun" type things like Fark, I'm totally disgusted with human nature, and didn't realize just how petty and inane the general population could be. (sigh)

The occasional gained friendships with true kindred spirits makes most of the general aggravation worthwhile.

And it does help hone one's typing skills too.