Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RANT

(Monroe County)

Angry RANT

Just to set the tone.
    I`m a blue collar guy. I have 42 college credits from the 70`s but dropped out. I`ve been self employed much of my life from a family Chevrolet dealership, to owning a gym to owning tractor trailers. At 54 I`ve been through a couple economic downturns. I`ve been taught to be self reliant, honest and when I make a commitment follow through.

That meant everything from selling off assets to working menial jobs and long hours at times to make commitments. Never ever have been late on any payment. In the 80`s I went to a basically cash only, no credit.
    By todays standards I have very little, 3 bedroom ranch, no new or fancy furnishings, 2 fairly new vehicles and a 93 MC, plus a couple CD`s in the bank. They are all mine, no mortgage, no car loans and any plastic is paid in full at the end of the month.

In the fall of 07 with some health issues I decided to sell my last tractor trailer and give my body a break for a couple months. I baby sat my grandson and as the months dragged on had some other health issues, the economy took a dump and now job prospects look bleak.
    We collect NO government money nor do I want any. I squeeze the most bang out of every buck.

I have no complaints about my situation but..........................

NOW MY TAXES ARE GOING TO BAILOUT IRRESPONSIBLE PEOPLE WHO OVERINDULGED AND WERE STUPID, CORPORATIONS THAT PAY PEOPLE MILLIONS WHILE SQUANDERING PROFITS AND BANKS THAT DIDN`T ACT PRUDENTLY IN THE WAY THEY HANDLED THEIR DEPOSITORS MONEY.
    BAILOUT MY ASS, FOR 54 YEARS I ASKED FOR NOTHING AND NOW I`M SUPPOSED TO GIVE MORE!!!! THIS IS BULLSHIT. WHEN DOES THE AMERICAN WORKER SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH? WHAT IS THE ANSWER?

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: RANT

I feel your pain..

I dont know the answer. But I had enough a long time ago.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

I also hear ya. I don't know the answer either if I did I would not be hurtin myself that I know. But by the looks of the economy and the up and comin pres. We are in for the long haul, so we got to keep a tight budget and hope and pray. Keep your head up and just keep movin forward. I really feel sorry for the person who is near or in thier 60's and can't retire or has health issues cause working hard at that age is not easy.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    Keep your head up and just keep movin forward. I really feel sorry for the person who is near or in thier 60's and can't retire or has health issues cause working hard at that age is not easy.
    I have no complaints about my life or situation. Simple, modest and frugal are my choices. I just don`t expect to be asked to support other peoples bad choices or corporate and bank bailouts.
    Let them fail and only the strong will survive.

(Westmoreland County)

I hear ya, man! I'm sick of working my ass off 70 hours per week for peanuts and then having these other bums make out like bandits compliments of our gov't giving them our tax dollars! Thanks Uncle Sam...really appreciate it!

Nothing like a good RANT to start off the morning!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Monroe County)

Unfortunately I don't see the American worker saying much of anything about this. They, unlike you and many of us here, don't know how to survive without the government telling them what to do and will never question their motives.

(Monroe County)

Short answere now...... This country should be up in arms about the whole thing....... The worst part is... [tinfoil hat] it wouldn't surprise me one damn bit if a lot of this was just kind of fabricated for the election year. [/tinfoil hat] I really don't understand what people are thinking... Just saying oh well time to go back to work as they distroy our economy. Everyone should be at the capital building demanding them to make right the wrongs that they have done to the American people.

(Monroe County)

what really pisses me off is that I pay more a week in social security then I do in federal taxes, I pay more in Medicare / Medicaid then I do in state taxes. and I have health insurance and I'm STILL paying off medical bills from my son's delivery (2 1/2 years ago), at the rate we are paying we'll have them paid off late next year....

I feel bad that people who retired at 65 have had their "money" taken out of the Social Security system by corrupt bastards in Washington but I can barely afford to keep my house and family fed and yet I have to shell out money every fucking month that I will never get back, can't opt out of, and am stuck paying.

How about the fucking morons at the top understand that we don't want a handout or help, we want our money that we worked for to be OUR MONEY!
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

I feel your pain brother! Tootie and I have been self employed since 1991 and I too am one of those 'do whatever needs to be done to pay the bills type' Over the years when times got tough I sold off a complete 32 track recording studio I had, a collection of guitars and amps that WAS amazing, I've done extra jobs like roofing when times were tough ... whatever, I had a family to feed and bills to pay. Of course we have also not had medical insurance since 1991 also and have gotten whacked a few times.

It pisses me off like you wouldn't believe when I see these people getting bailed out. The irresponsible getting a 'hand out' for being irresponsible. I have been screaming at the TV for weeks asking "what about those of us that DO pay our bills? Why do we get to bail THEM out?" But alas I have no answer to my questions and I am sad to say those of us that are responsible, that work hard, pay our bills and do 'whatever needs to be done' are going to get the short end of the stick... disgusting actually when you think about it.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    I also hear ya. I don't know the answer either ............
    Feel the same here, maybe I do know the answer. Maybe people should go back to the days of tarring and feathering some of these politicians and big business dudes.

Of course I'd suggest using something like molasses and feathers, lest they claim some mob did them harm.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast