Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default XS Big/Standard sights?

I’m thinking of putting new sights on my M&P Shield. Any experience with XS Big/Standard Sights? Or should I stick with traditional 3 dot sights? If I go traditional I’d probably get a front tritium with yellow/green outer ring. This pistol is for self defense off duty carry.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Carbon County)

Default Re: XS Big/Standard sights?

I have big dots because I can see them best without my glasses

without glasses, the 3 dot sights are just a blur
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Bucks County)

I have XS Big dot sights on my Glock 26. I bought it used & they were on it when I got. I'm not crazy about them.
    I do prefer a front dot/plain black rear, I don't like rear dots to draw my eye front the front sight.
    What I don't like about the Big Dot setup is the lack of rear notch makes any vertical precision impossible for me at the range, making practice a little less enjoyable.
    I get that they're made for self defense speed & not range precision and I'm cheap so I've left them on.
    Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

I've used them on a G26 and then a Shield and while they are decent and you can make hits out to standard ranges including 100 yards they just aren't my thing. I found that TruGlo TFX Pro sights offer that fast front sight acquisition at close range much like the XS but are just an over all better set up to get proper alignment for me. After using many different t brands over the years the Tritium and fiber optic set up is superior to all others in my opinion.

I feel like the XS Big dot really shines on snub nose revolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I've used them on a G26 and then a Shield and while they are decent and you can make hits out to standard ranges including 100 yards they just aren't my thing. I found that TruGlo TFX Pro sights offer that fast front sight acquisition at close range much like the XS but are just an over all better set up to get proper alignment for me. After using many different t brands over the years the Tritium and fiber optic set up is superior to all others in my opinion.

I feel like the XS Big dot really shines on snub nose revolvers.
    Agreed. I installed an XS Big Dot on my wife's SP101. It works really well for that gun, especially since it has no real rear site other than a notch. I have TFX sights on almost all of my carry guns and I've installed them on guns for other folks. They just work better for defensive use on a semi auto, IMO.

I am 72 big dots are a way for me to easily pick up fr sight they are on my 1911 and Rem 870. They are poa is poi and made only for saving your life not targets. They are darn easy to see on your nightstand. I have no dog in this fight