Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Question Laser for hi point

I would like to put a laser on my hi point .380. Has anybody put one on? Where did you get it for the price is right. I don't want to spend my whole allowance on it. Joe

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Laser for hi point

Quote Originally Posted by joeyj View Post
    I would like to put a laser on my hi point .380. Has anybody put one on? Where did you get it for the price is right. I don't want to spend my whole allowance on it. Joe
    So you want to tart up your Hi-point. The phrase "Putting lipstick on a pig.... but I understand your feelings. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt one size too small. Just remember this changes are cosmetic. You have a Hi-point. It will work when you need it, but no one uses one in competion. Yes you can place a laser on c.380. But the is no mounting point. You would have to mill your own mounting point. Or use a universal laser that attaches to trigger guard. But both are compromises. Now the NEW hi-point actually has mounting points for stuff. My suggestion is forget the laser. Steal, I mean borrow some nail polish from Wife/girlfriend/Mother and fill in the front sight dots with red, or neon. Something that stands out. And the back with white. Now "borrow" a white crayon from your daughter/sister/niece. Rub the crayon into the letters and numbers on the slide. use a microfiber towel to remove the extra crayon. Now for the grips. two choices, a slip over grip, basically a giant molded rubber band you slip over the handle. Or the higher risk job with a solder gun. Using solder gun to melt little holes into grips. The added texture helps your hands hold on to the grips. If you are lucky I might post my ideas for a 50 rd mag for the Hi-point.
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

(Berks County)

Epoxy is your friend.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Jefferson County)

Hi-Point sells them as accessories. https://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/fir...s-handguns.php
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Philadelphia County)

JB Weld.

(Bucks County)

Are you planning on mounting the laser under the barrel by the trigger housing or on the side of the slide so it looks right when you hold it sideways?

Edit:
    Last edited by Delkal; February 11th, 2019 at 10:01 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Are you planning on mounting the laser under the barrel by the trigger housing or on the side of the slide so it looks right when you hold it sideways?
    There it is....when I first saw the OP I figured the thread would eventually become popcorn worthy.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    There it is....when I first saw the OP I figured the thread would eventually become popcorn worthy.
    It is all in fun and I am sure someone would eventually say something similar............

But looking back at my post I forgot to add a smiley. I will add it now.

(Allegheny County)

I get what you're saying, but when I went to the range the other day it was pure waste of ammo. Between old eyeballs and bifocals, trying to line up the front sight and rear sight and the target just didn't work, everything was blurry. At 25 feet I fired 15 rounds, and hit the target once. The day wasn't a total loss, there were three guys standing beside me, total strangers, and they laughed there butts off. Thinking I was a total amateur, one guy gave me his pistol with the laser and said try this out. They quit laughing and calling me grandpa, when I put 10 rounds in the center of the target within about a four-inch group. I do have a CZ 75 B with a laser and it is a dream to shoot. As Paul Harvey used to say,'' now you know the rest of the story''.

(Chester County)

Survey says?...... Good answer good answer.