Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (York County)

Default Re: DMV Malvern PA No Gun Sign on front door.

Reviving a necro-thread, only because it's still relevant....

We've all seen these gunbuster stickers on the DL Centers. It's come up plenty of times, and we know they aren't legal. Xavier, amongst others, had a police interaction some years back in Malvern. link: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ferrerid=56033

In '14 & '15 I went a few rounds with acting secretary Richards and the Office of General Counsel in Harrisburg, trying to get to the bottom of this, with some gratis advice from our own Gun Lawyer. I was able to get a good deal of info using the freedom of information act, including the questionaire Penndot sent to the landlords, asking permission to post a property (NEVER does the landlord actually want to, or post the property). When it came down to it though, Wolfe was the governor and Shapiro the AG, and it wasn't the right time to fight the fight.

This month I need to renew my DL and get a real ID, and where better to go and cause problems than Malvern! I gathered my paperwork, collected a good deal of my old FOIA info, and was ready to cite all the relevant statutes and case law:
    - 18PACS 6109 m3 "Nothing in this section shall be construed to: (2) Authorize any Commonwealth agency to regulate the possession of firearms in any manner inconsistent with the provisions of this title"
    - AG Kane's decision in the Gaming Commission telling them they could not regulate firearms based on 6109, (Aug. 5, 2014, to chairman Ryan)
    - The authority given to PennDot by the general assembly to only regulate firearms at rest stops (title 67 ss 443),
    - I even knew the defenses listed in Criminal Trespass (18 PACS 3503 (c)2). which says one can't be cited in places "open to members of the public complying with LAWFUL conditions"

Heck, if the police were called, I was even going to ask them to issue an M2 summons to any Penndot employee for suppression of rights under 5301, even for a simple "detention that impedes a privilege" as cited in the law.

So I called up our good friend Walleye Hunter as my backup camera man (just in case), met him for lunch at the Frazier Diner (cool place, good food), and we made our way to the DL center. There it was, only 4" tall, along with 4 other xx-Buster signs plastered on the door where you couldn't see them. So I took off my sport coat exposing a 1911 on the right hip, and in we went.

The man at the front desk was all smiles; asked me what I was there for, handed me my paperwork, and pointed me to the correct waiting area. 20 minutes later I was called to the counter where a nice woman took all my info, reviewed the paperwork, and cut me loose to wait for a photo. In 10 minutes I was called to a photo station, where a pleasant gent wearing a rainbow something or other and an obvious gay bent, was behind the camera. One picture down and back to the waiting area, where Walleye and I spoke for another 20 minutes before leaving.

I went in ready to fight city hall, and they were nothing but courteous and professional. Nothing. Nothing said, no dirty looks, and no police called: just the way it should be. Penndot has no statutory authority to place them in the first place, and they know it. If we can win back the governor and AG chairs in November, it's time to right this wrong and have these stickers removed. Get out there and vote!!

...Finally a HUGE thanks to Walleye Hunter for coming out and having my back. It's great to know our PAFOA community is willing to be there just in case something had gone south.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Berks County)

Any time! It was good to get out of the house on a cold winter's day and it's always good chatting with you.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Thanks to both of you for some pseudo-civil disobedience.

Should have carried Walleyes Mark23 - might have made a bigger impact

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Thanks to both of you for some pseudo-civil disobedience.

Should have carried Walleyes Mark23 - might have made a bigger impact
    LOL Why stop with that? Why not the Zenith Z-5RS hanging from the neck like a piece of jewelry?

You guys need to go back and do it again. Poofa has been pretty boring lately.

(Butler County)

This is the type of stuff I love to see on Poofa. Nice job guys, and yes get out and VOTE!
    -Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    brought a gun to a Rights Fight and nothing happened
    Dude, that's so WINNING without even trying.

Play the lottery this week.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    You guys need to go back and do it again. Poofa has been pretty boring lately.
    I*m happy to provide any of my FOIA paperwork and statute notes to members who feel comfortable with the possibility of interacting with police. Heck, I*ll travel anywhere reasonable and join members in pushing the boundaries.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    I*m happy to provide any of my FOIA paperwork and statute notes to members who feel comfortable with the possibility of interacting with police. Heck, I*ll travel anywhere reasonable and join members in pushing the boundaries.
    You strike me as the kind of guy who will keep that stuff until you die and I may request some of it. If Missy Houlahan and Katie Muth ever lose their elections, I intend to go to their offices with boxes of tissues and hang around and 'wish them well on their new endeavors'. Being able to tell the po leece that I cannot be trespassed from those locations would be nice.

(Wayne County)

Jhaydeno and Walleye Hunter regular Cheech & Chong team. Nice going to both of you guys, their no gun signs up in smoke.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234