Children 10 & under free

The claim is normally 500 plus tables.

Default Re: Bloomsburg Gun Show Feb 16-17 2019

Is this an Eagle Promo ?

(Lehigh County)

Smile Re: Bloomsburg Gun Show Feb 16-17 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Is this an Eagle Promo ?
    This is your chance to catch up with Mickey Rooney... errrr ScotsGuard and his collection of revolvers for sale.
    Also one of the best shows to eat at, they usually have the animal shelter folks who do a really good job. Great Chili and soups.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Mifflin County)

This is a good show. Hopefully the weather is good that weekend !

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Is this an Eagle Promo ?
    Yes it is.

They have a few shows a year , Been some time since I seen it really crowded. Parking is pretty good I think.
    Some decent vendors mostly , R&J Welch is pretty decent I think ,Owners seems to be a wheeler and dealer and interested in doing a deal if you are. The big ammo vendor "can't recall their name" in the back , same side as the food court seem ok also. Bill Ricca has been present in the past with his stuff but I hear he may be getting out of it so who knows. Are you allowed to give warnings here? If a lady approaches you and says her husband wants to talk to you ..... or you bump into a vendor called j&s arms , better hang on is all I'm saying. Shady as a 3 dollar bill and he isn't beyond trying to cheat a fellow , buying or selling.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    They have a few shows a year , Been some time since I seen it really crowded. Parking is pretty good I think.
    Some decent vendors mostly , R&J Welch is pretty decent I think ,Owners seems to be a wheeler and dealer and interested in doing a deal if you are. The big ammo vendor "can't recall their name" in the back , same side as the food court seem ok also. Bill Ricca has been present in the past with his stuff but I hear he may be getting out of it so who knows. Are you allowed to give warnings here? If a lady approaches you and says her husband wants to talk to you ..... or you bump into a vendor called j&s arms , better hang on is all I'm saying. Shady as a 3 dollar bill and he isn't beyond trying to cheat a fellow , buying or selling.
    Please elaborate on the story . I attend this show / what is the scoop ??

You sure? I'm long winded?
    I am not going over it all but I have a personal favorite
    Let me start by saying that I have been down sizing for a lot of years ..... had way too many firearms.
    I always try and move something at a show , I've had firearms long enough that the value has gone up and I sell a lot to vendors because they will give me what I want and still have room to re-sell which I know I am not getting top dollar but that is fine as long as I get what makes me happy.
    And it's a great conversation starter ......... which is half the point of the show for me.
    The vendor j s , I have seen over the years at shows , notably the Bloomsburg one.
    And my distrust was built over time with him.
    he does have things that catch my eye as even though I have been down sizing , I still like looking and picking up stuff once in a while also.
    You know the drill.
    His "wife".... "it's claimed" ... roams the floors and stands by the entry door looking for folks carrying stuff for sale and tells them her husband wants to talk to them ...... so you get walked over before anyone else grabs you and you get to waste your time with him.
    no biggie , it's got to the point I've been stopping her short the last few times early into her speech.
    I can't believe she doesn't remember me from all the times .....
    And that's not even what I call shady ............ annoying , yes ...... but not shady. Just trying to be the early bird I guess.
    Anyhow
    He has been honest with me at times ,......... he's not always shady with me. I will say that.
    But I had stopped dealing with him completely on any level cause I didn't trust him and my favorite story I like telling is after I stopped dealing with him ...... I was at Bloomsburg and ran into a guy I got to know some from going there ................. I just called him "Rubber Duck" because he looks like Kris Kristofferson from the movie CONVOY . I kid you not. Have you ever seen him? he's even worn a tank top at times ......................nice guy.
    Well I bump into the Duck right next to the js tables as luck would have it.
    I'm excited to see the Duck and we are jaw jacking and what not , when js starts to interrupt , asking to see my rifle ...............I had got to the point of just ignoring the guy but since I was standing there , I swung my M1 over to him.
    I was talking to the Duck and keeping the other eye on js.
    My M1 muzzle was a 2 ............... I don't care for these numbers and we can argue all day on what it means and what it doesn't mean ......... but that's a different story. BUT I do know that is was a 2 .......... not that I cared much.
    While talking shop with the Duck , I see js slip a cartridge into the muzzle ...........and it gets swallowed up.
    And I think to myself , you old bastard.
    I keep talking with the Duck , I enjoy my time with him for sure.
    While I'm talking , js starts spouting how the bore is shot out ..............he's being rude to start with and starting to get in my way of having a nice time.
    So I let him spout that 3 times I think it was.
    I turned to him and pretended I hadn't seen or heard anything from him.
    I asked him to tell me again what he was saying ............ and he drops the cartridge into the muzzle again to show me and says the bore it shot out.
    I said .... let me see that cartridge ........... he says "what?"
    I repeated myself and hold my hand out.
    He smirks at me and then turns around and throws the cartridge into a box of junk behind him.
    I said ....what were you using.
    All of a sudden he goes deaf dumb and blind .....
    I said , was that a M2 ball round?
    Deaf , dumb and blind again ...............
    People are starting to gather around and some seen this go down from the start................
    I said , let me see what you used to stick in my muzzle ................. he turned to his wife and told her to hand me one of the M2 Ball rounds he had for sale in his enblocs .............
    I said , no ...... let me see what you used in the muzzle , it's over there in that box on top ....................
    He looks at the box and I get another smirk ...... then I said , give me my gun or there's going be a problem.
    Then I get the , I have stuff to do and don't have time to talk with you any longer routine and I dropped it.
    Keep in mind .... you kind of had to be there to get the full effect.
    Another VENDOR next to him seen it all and pulled me aside and said he couldn't believe it because sometimes js would help him "appraise" certain things ..........
    And I just said ... well what do you think of him now?
    And even since this story , his wife stills approaches me when I walk in ................... I keep telling her , that I am not going with her , ever since he tried to rook me that last time. The look on her face tells me , she's gotten used to seeing people he has tried or did screw as she isn't surprised to hear such a thing.
    Not that exciting of a story I know ..... but it was a fun time.

(Mifflin County)

Boondox, I read the story ,not sure who" j s " is ? I am planning to make this show , Weather is a factor . ,Thanks for the info.!

js is J&S Arms. Older guy with a youngerish looking wife.
    This is probably my 2nd favorite show just cause I like it.
    May try to find a nice Marlin 39... and I am going back for something I let slip away last Oct , but that is my secret
    The last few times I been there I have noticed what I consider a lot of M1 Carbines scattered amongst the vendors ......if the prices agree with a person , it may not be a bad place to hunt a nice one of those.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast